ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5C-i Official Patch Released! @ 03-11-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought about putting some sort of regenerative health into GE - eventually lost interest in the idea as I've never been a fan of regenerating health lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, darn... I've been shot. Better run and hide behind that corner over there for a few seconds, so as to recover my health. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, game developers want to talk about how much realism they strive for, and yet they use a ridiculous mechanic like that? Hell, I'll take body armour, first aid kits, or even chicken drumsticks over that any day of the week. And give me more than two bloody weapons at once, damnit!

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
MJ Bond wrote:
I'm happy to see this project is still continuing. Goldeneye is still the best FPS even after 15 years. Call of Duty and Halo don't stand a chance. 007 forever!

COD should just release a goldeneye mod that they create off the original. It would sell MILLIONS of copies. Make it an exact port over to COD's game engine using it's physics. I think it would look really nice and update the graphics without taking from the gameplay.

They sort of did - Goldeneye Reloaded (or whatever it was called) on the XBox 360/PS3/Wii was CoD with Goldeneye elements and storyline. Even allowing for the changes (and huge drop in quality) that the CoD gameply/engine brought, it was still very different from Goldeneye the N64 game though.

MRKane wrote:
I thought about putting some sort of regenerative health into GE - eventually lost interest in the idea as I've never been a fan of regenerating health lol

Oh no, please don't. I'm no fan of regenerating health either.

What are nice for novelty value are vampire and Leach modes, from the Timesplitters games. Vampire mode is where you gain the equivalent health for the damage (or kill) you do to an opponent, and Leach is where your health is constantly dropping, and the only way to gain health is to damage /kill enemies.

The Timesplitters games were very inventive, and really fun to play.

Wreck wrote:
Oh, darn... I've been shot. Better run and hide behind that corner over there for a few seconds, so as to recover my health. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, game developers want to talk about how much realism they strive for, and yet they use a ridiculous mechanic like that? Hell, I'll take body armour, first aid kits, or even chicken drumsticks over that any day of the week. And give me more than two bloody weapons at once, damnit!

Totally agree. The me-too type games developers put a weapon carrying limit in a game as it's 'realistic', whilst in the same game you can not only survive a head shot, but you can swim whilst weighed down with heavy weapons and a lot of ammunition, you pick up ammunition just by standing on it, you can run backwards and sideways downstairs without falling and breaking your neck, there's often an on-screen indicator pointing towards your next objective, there's invisible walls in the gameworld, and despite being a super fit and very well trained soldier, you can't climb over obstructions that an obese ten year old could overcome.

And into this oh-so realistic mix they add recharging health. Oh, and these games are often in third person, as being able to see yourself from a third person viewpoint is realistic...

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Ha ha ha awesome analogy Kerr. Yea I guess realism can only go so far until the game is not even fun to play anymore because you would die trying to do anything Wink. Why after all these years can they not understand this? The people that complain about this stuff are normally the minority anyway. If you make a GREAT game most folks won't whine about graphics and will care more about gameplay. This is why game companies are losing a lot of FPS players because they think the majority wants the opposite but from my stepson down all of his friends and their friends are SICK of all the enhanced graphics and want gameplay too. I'm kind of excited to see this Titanfall game and Destiny by XBOX. The robot suits you can get in are sweet! We'll see if the maps hold up at all though. Hard to tell until it's played. Trailers always look amazing. Cool

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Games used to be games

:{ I miss this era of "cartoon" gaming .. up your ass reality gaming

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Games used to be games

:{ I miss this era of "cartoon" gaming .. up your ass reality gaming

amen! put out an 8 bit nes reloaded with all new games by the same companies!

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really miss it too! I can't stand these dull grey graphics and drab environments that have saturated the market. As someone with delimitated vision (I can see colour, just not as much as everyone else) I have to have colour!!! The other thing is that realistic graphics age, but cartoons don't age - look at Jet Set Radio - still looks good! If I ever make any game it'll be cartooned.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck and co., any news on what's been done/fixed/attempted/added in GEX since the last posted update?

For those of us not involved in GEX's creative processes, it's very interesting to hear how you're getting on (or skiving off - grrrrr Wink )

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This maybe a little nitpick here on my part but the sounds for the iris doors when they open and close are different than the original GE. I believe there is no sound for the shutting and opening actions in GE. Might want to do a comparison check in-between games.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The GE007 doors are on mute he types .. how on Earth could that even be

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, almost no activity here lately.

2 questions,

I do not know if anybody remembers a video of unused character death animations for perfect dark? It was a set of 5 -8 different deaths for npc's in the campaign, I wonder if these could be actually used when single player for GEX in addition to the existing ones. More the better and more variety is always good.

Secondly, yet another video of an old beta where perfect dark was in such early stage of development that on the recorded demo, guns, bullet impact sparks, and muzzle flash flicker from Goldeneye were still present.

Also if I remember correctly that video had a feature where if you leaned too close to walls or objects Johana would retract her weapon and point it upwards because of lack of space. Can that, bullet impacts, muzzle flicker and feature be found in the code and be implemented on GEX?

I have been looking for the videos to show you guys but have been unable to find any of them.. what do you guys think?

OK I found one, Check this video around the 21:15 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvPsNKCVn7Y
that is one feature, maybe useless, and still who knows if it still resides in the code and if you guys can implement it.

Check out the muzzle flash of the cimpso at the lower left hand corner around the 35:05.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCBdlSidRlU
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgk3qQj8KWk at 21:19
It flickers, not solid like the final release.

EDIT: Nevermind about the death animations, I dont know where I got that from. I meant stuff like this.. http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5304

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what the last update I made was about, but I might as well say something that has been at least fairly recent.

I had started porting and tweaking the pads for all the items, props and characters within stages. Some also include special new pads for things like the reflective eye in both Bunker maps, as well as the shiny pillar in Egypt (as those structures were ripped from the backgrounds and made as props, in order for the environment mapping effect to properly display). Setups were tested out to make sure the models showed where they were supposed to be. Some minor adjustments may be necessary here and there, as the porting process isn't always a hundred percent.

Since finally getting my hands on a Rumble Pak, I checked out all the weapons. They do seem to match the original game, from what I could tell. Not sure yet if it is a bitflag on the weapon that makes it use the vibration or not. I should give that a look sometime. But the rumble does work fine, anyway.

- Electronic door sounds
Yes, there are two different sets of sounds for electronic doors. One is a little softer than the other. Both aren't currently set in GEX, so they just use the one. This should be fixable.

- Muzzle Flicker
If this can be done, I'd certainly welcome it. It is much more realistic having the short flicker in between shots. No idea why Rare ended up making it a solid flame while firing rapidly.

- Retracting Weapon
I wouldn't even know where to begin, but if Rare chose to cut this out of the game, there might have been a good reason for doing so.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update, mate. It's great to know you're working on the single player campaign.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of our big hurdles toward the mission campaign has been taken care of!

As some of you may know, the Streets level isn't made up entirely of background data. In fact, the bulk of it actually consists of props. The room area itself is empty, with only clipping and portals connecting everything together.

Because of the way PD works, you need to have room boundaries determined for each room. So, banging our heads together, SubDrag and I came up with a solution. I give him far more credit, as he put everything into practice and fixed the darn Streets.

Also, I did up the pads for three more missions tonight (includes Streets). That only leaves four more to do, which I hope to get done over the weekend. Closer to the missions we come!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's excellent news, Wreck!!

What about Dam? Any progress with that one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: