ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gameshark pro 3.3 won't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
man-van-de-akka
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Gameshark pro 3.3 won't work Reply with quote Back to top

I bought a new gameshark pro 3.3 two weaks ago and i have started by typing codes. I type the gameshark code from frigrate wich is made by bmw. I started the game and it works, only one door wasn't good (type mistake I think) So I set off the nintendo and I restart. Now when I select the title in the gameshark menu select cheat codes it will freezes. So I can't come by the codes!!

Wat's the problem? I try everything but it freezes again.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try to load a regular code then go back to refresh MEMORY or take the gameshark out for a few minutes so all the power can drain from the memory. Also if it's not an ORIGINAL release and NEW you will have MAJOR issues with long code lists. The originals have WORKING pc ports on them. They were bought out and changed FOR THE WORST. I hacked a lot of codes for solo multis that seem to hold up a little better in these lower end sharks. Wink. Not trying to brag but I have about a MILLION hours messing with gameshark hacking in GE. I've only owned one gameshark out of THREE that worked well so good luck. Check out my profile and click to my website and register. Whole bunch of GS work on there. Wink. Multi

man-van-de-akka
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you don't understand my question. When I start the gameshark, you come by a menu. When I try to go to the ''select cheat codes'' it freezes...
So I can't change my codes.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

man-van-de-akka wrote:
I think you don't understand my question. When I start the gameshark, you come by a menu. When I try to go to the ''select cheat codes'' it freezes...

If that's the issue you need to flash your gameshark with a WORKING one Crying or Very sad Sorry bro WE ALL FEEL YOUR PAIN. Buy some $10 controllers for your pc , download Project64 and check this out...... Wink

You need the EDITOR to patch the Xdelta:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/files.php?mode=4

Get the GOLDENEYE LEGEND mod:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=279

GO TO MY SITE AND GET PJ64 WITH BOTH GAMES INCLUDED Wink :
http://codelegends.proboards.com/thread/97/project-64-tools

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

man-van-de-akka wrote:

This thread describes what sounds like the same problem you're having (except with an Action Replay, same thing really.) The guy here concluded that the flash memory in his AR had gone bad. I'd imagine yours has suffered the same thing.

There's a fix for that, which is what MultiplayerX had mentioned. This article at Micro-64 seems to be the best tutorial out there. I've read elsewhere that you can skip the part with the parallel port and simply stack the two GameSharks but I can't personally vouch for that--I've never had two working GameSharks in my possession at the same time Shocked.

I've seen a few people willing to reflash GameSharks--Guntz over at NintendoAge was willing to do it back in 2013 for the cost of shipping. Might be worthwhile looking into that as it could end up being cheaper for you--still, the only sure way to guarantee you've got a working GameShark is to buy a new one. Whether the reflash trick fixes your old one or not, you'll still have a working GameShark.

Sad to say, but GameSharks were notoriously prone to failure--they were very cheaply made and the exact issue is sometimes hard to diagnose simply because so many things can go wrong with them. I'd imagine as the existing supply gets older, these problems will only become more and more pronounced. Best of luck!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I can recall using the two GameShark's stacked ontop of eachother to fix a device before. Though I don't know if it was for a bad codelist, or if it was an incorrect keycode on one that I didn't own a game for. Was quite a while back.

As much as I love GameShark's, they really are flakey pieces of chit. Codelists can go bad, the GS button can be extremely sensitive (to the point where simply touching the device sends you into the menu - which even if you exit will open back up again and again), the parallel port may not operate, and you might have clean the contacts frequently to get the blasted thing to start up. It's a love/hate relationship without a doubt.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I think I can recall using the two GameShark's stacked ontop of eachother to fix a device before. Though I don't know if it was for a bad codelist, or if it was an incorrect keycode on one that I didn't own a game for. Was quite a while back.

As much as I love GameShark's, they really are flakey pieces of chit. Codelists can go bad, the GS button can be extremely sensitive (to the point where simply touching the device sends you into the menu - which even if you exit will open back up again and again), the parallel port may not operate, and you might have clean the contacts frequently to get the blasted thing to start up. It's a love/hate relationship without a doubt.

Wreck it's a MIRACLE you and the uuummm ANCIENTS were able to smash out the 7 MILLION codes back then. It must have been because the technology was BRAND NEW that they worked so well until overheating and the elements just rendered the things USELESS. Laughing Past ownership of used devices is what started all of it I think. They were cheaply made anyway and not really made to hold up as an actual pc device that REPROGRAMS a game like you cats figured out how to do. Laughing We were LUCKY it worked for our purposes. So in a way those blasted pieces of CHIT (nice euphemism Wink) paved a path for us ACCIDENTALLY. Cool

Wreck by the way, I was thinking about those old FORCE TWO PLAYER codes with the level emptiers back then. Was a force two player code this one and HOW does it work with those respawns to get players into an empty level?

8102B522 000x More players in Multiplayer Mode, but with only two controllers
plugged in. (Max 4 players)

Replace x with

2 2 players
3 3 players
4 4 players

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I could never understand why Gamesharks were so unreliable, and why they didn't have a 'factory reset' option (say if the manufacturers had made it so that if you booted up whilst holding down the button, then the Gameshark would restore itself to working by resetting the firmware and code contents). I mean, the Gameshark/Equaliser/Action Replay/Exploder 64 had enough revisions, you'd think that at some point the manufacturers would have addressed the flaws of the things.

I can only conclude that the problem was down to cost. No doubt the things had to be madevery cheaply, as they had to be sold cheaply and there was a very limited customer base for the things, so I imagine that cost-cutting meant that the finished article had so many corners cut that it affected the units' reliability and meant that extra circuity for a 'factory reset' function was not cost effective.

Still, it is possible that one day we'll see 100% accurate Gameshark simulation with the Everdrive 64 and similar devices (and for emulators too), which would be wonderful. There are some great GS codes already, and if the 'software' Gameshark offers all of the features of the hardware models, then we'll be able to use that to find new codes for our favourite games.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice if the GameShark code support on ED64 would be able to surpass the original limit of the device itself. We had determined how many codes could be loaded into the RAM on a v3.2/v3.3 GS Pro, and it was often just enough to squeeze in one of the custom multiplayer maps. Many of us were forced to cut things out from the maps, or be less specific on the positions or rotations of objects, items or spawn points. And when you were finished playing a level, you'd need to shut down the system and restart it to select another assortment of codes to play the next one.

Now... I do know that we kind of pushed GameShark to the limits. This kind of thing was designed as a simple "cheating device", used by people to help them beat games or open up all the unlockables. What we were doing with it was a bit nutty. Something that most gamers used for infinite ammo and invincibility cheats was suddenly giving them access to levels never meant before to be played in a multiplayer setting. Not just two blokes in an empty space chasing eachother around, but up to four buds finding proper ammunition in a map with doors and window panes.

GameShark always had that power, but we showed it to the world. I'll always be grateful to have been there for that. Even more proud that people were still playing GoldenEye... even after Perfect Dark came out. Razz

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember the good old GameShark carts you could find in Walmart with the blue label instead of the red one. The blue one had such a horrible pink and black GUI. But that version was built like a tank, can withstand dust particles and it would run like 80% of the time without the Main key games which I think are Mario 64 and Goldeneye. There more but I forgot.

Either way, I could of sworn the 3.3 GameShark carts had the option to erase all the codes. Then you could bring back the codes by connecting it to your PC. But I may be wrong since my 3.3 GameShark died on me about 3 maybe 4 years ago?

Also if the code menu won't load, you could take a Q-tip and a cotton ball and clean it out. Sometimes dust can keep a menu from responding. Do not blow into the cart, saliva can ruin the chip itself.

Also while you are at it, you should tell everyone what GameShark Pro version you got. Most likely its 3.3, but if you got a 3.2, then you are one of the lucky few. Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never got the whole "don't blow on it" rule. This is the way you got the NES to work most of the time. I still do it with cartridges, including the GameShark. Maybe I'm just one of those people who don't inadvertently spit all over everything while I'm blowing air. Laughing

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I never got the whole "don't blow on it" rule. This is the way you got the NES to work most of the time. I still do it with cartridges, including the GameShark. Maybe I'm just one of those people who don't inadvertently spit all over everything while I'm blowing air. Laughing

Those NES carts we're so durable. Of course they barely ran with out the lovely garbage particle glitch. Laughing Good old days blowing into those carts and hoping to god they would run.

Also I totally missed the whole topic name about the "3.3" Gameshark that you mention in it, so totally ignore me asking for what version you had man-van-de-akka.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: