ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mayflash Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Mayflash Adapter Reply with quote Back to top

This is the only thing keeping me from Updating my progress on my level. I can not test the level properly without the adapter. I have been messing with this for almost a month and no progress has been made.
The adapter worked all fine, however last time I put it on it was not working at all. No buttons even show being pressed and I am pressing them. I reset the controls like I did before and it still was not working.
Not sure if the adapter just finally died or if it means I need to use my new one.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is ye positive it's not your controller .. I'll say again

My dual Mayflash was halfway submerged in a flood and it is still 100% 0.o Five or six years strong

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My control is fine. I know it is not my control cause I been using to play on my console.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is that a USB adaptor? Maybe make sure some other USB devices work on your computer. That might help rule out whether or not it's the adaptor. Someone else on here (speedruntrainer) just posted about having issues with his USB ports. If it does turn out to be your ports, perhaps that thread will have some good information.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All four of my slots are working. I tried my PS2 adapter and set it and it was working properly. Not sure what the case is. Before it stopped working and I was told to reset and recalaberate. I did so and it worked fine. I tried that again and nothing.
Always something with me that prevents me to get anything done.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully it will begin working again. If not, you may need to get another one (or a different make). In the meantime, you should still be able to test out your level mods and stuff. It definitely isn't as good not having a real N64 controller to use, but at least you can play with a keyboard or another joystick. I had to do just that for the first year or two.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your ports are working and you're using a version of Windows even remotely modern (2000 or newer) then there shouldn't be any weird USB conflicts.

If it was working before and now it is not, it sounds like its either your controller or the adapter. Do you have another controller to test in it?

Does Windows detect the device? When you plug it in, it should show up in your device manager.

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again Control works fine. Yes the computer detects the adapter. I go to see in device manager and check it see if the buttons work but no buttons turn red when I press it.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's first (1st) party ..?

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not own 3rd party controls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: