ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GLideN64 funding campaing at Indiegogo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddMLan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: GLideN64 funding campaing at Indiegogo Reply with quote Back to top

Gonetz (co-creator of Glide64) just launched an Indiegogo campaign to finish his new plugin, GLideN64.

Sergey "Gonetz" Lipskiy is working on a next generation graphics plugin for Nintendo 64 emulators and is currently targetting Windows, Linux and Android. It will bring more accurate frame buffer and depth buffer emulation and many other features currently not supported by existing graphics plugins. He hopes to be able to work fulltime on the project with the help of an Indiegogo campaign.

His goal is to make the best HLE graphics plugin, highly accurate, fixing many of the issues that plagued other plugins, including his Glide64, and he wants this information spread as much as possible, as he now has a crowdfunding set up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfc25748uzQ

Many games like Majora's Mask (Lens of Truth), Perfect Dark (CamSpy), to name a few, but the biggest glitches that have plagued N64 emulation will at long last be fixed, if the funding goal is met.

You can get beta access starting from $15 USD. He also has stretch goals for completing the Android port, porting to OS X, widescreen hack support, advanced AA, rendering in native res, and other stuff.

At current stage, with the limited time at his disposal, it shall take ages to bring this new project to the right level.
That is why Gonetz request help to take few months full time to develop his new plugin through a crowdfunding.

Please consider supporting this superb work!

Click here to go to the GLideN64 funding campaign at Indiegogo

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

funded 25bucs, wouldn't mind seeing this go thru.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really hope this gets funded, the screenshots are incredible. Glide64 is already so far beyond any other high-level plugin, and this looks way better.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

$4,661 11 days togo....... i realy do hope this happens come on Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oddMLan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those who haven't seen it:

Gonetz is going to implement shaders!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gliden64-graphics-plugin#activity

Quote:
Hello,

During the campaign I often received questions about features which were not mentioned in the main project plan. The usual answer is: the main plan is solid and contains only the essential tasks for release. Any features not mentioned in it could be implemented if the main tasks go smooth and if time remains for additional stuff. However, if a particular feature can be implemented easily, it will most likely get implemented.

For example, today I was asked if it was possible to add CRT filters to simulate an old CRT display. After quick investigation I said: yes, it’s easily doable. These filters are a mere post processing of the resulting image. The plugin already supplies the necessary data for this and there are plenty of open source CRT filters. I quickly tested two of them to check how it will work:

https://images.indiegogo.com/file_attachments/812349/files/20140826001353-CRT1.jpg?1409037233

https://images.indiegogo.com/file_attachments/812351/files/20140826001711-CRT2.jpg?1409037431

I know: they look incorrect. Scanlines must be horizontal, not vertical. This is how the shaders work as is, without any modification. I need time to understand how they work to fix it. This should be just a technical problem.

There are other nice post processing filters like blur, bloom and many more, check Filthy Pants blog for other examples. These filters can be added too since the mechanism is the same. I think it is also possible to dynamically load them from an user-defined folder instead of hardcoding them into the plugin.

The campaign, as of now, has been 79% funded with only 10 days remaining. Please donate some spare change you might have, and share with people you know that might be interested.

Come on! We're very close to the goal. Only $1224 USD to go. We can't let go this opportunity! Very Happy

We don't know when we might have another chance, or even if we'll have another one...

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked I am amazed no one in shooters gets offended when someone comes on the boards to spam a campaign for a product. AGAIN Shocked

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
I am amazed no one in shooters gets offended when someone comes on the boards to spam a campaign for a product. AGAIN

That is because this project could potentially create the single best HLE Graphics plugin for N64 Emulators.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why anyone here would have a problem with it. It's all in an effort to improve N64 emulation. The majority of people playing GE and PD nowadays do so on a computer. The closer the looks and performance can match console, the better for everybody.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far Glide has put skies in GE and PD (first and among the only to do RDP tri commands) and proper depth compare so you don't see the ramps through the floor. They handle more merging modes than other plugins and as a result some nifty transitional effects. They also handle more framebuffer effects than other plugins. As far as HLE plugins it also happens to have the highest degree of compatability combined with the most accurate output (assuming you allow the settings to do so).

Why here? One of the promo shots for new development is handling the spycam framebuffer effect in PD. Proper framebuffer support will also make reflections work much better. It has some much wider applications with other games and a dedicated (non-Glide based) framework will speed up the plugin.

The fundraiser is to basically pay the dev for a couple months of dedicated work. From experience, in one day of dedicated time you can do at least a weeks worth of work. Plus, it enforces a legal obligation on his part to provide a plugin meeting the features advertised.

HLE might not be as accurate but it serves an important purpose. It allows lower-end devices (including tablets and phones) to emulate the N64. It also reduces load for higher-end systems so they can worry about more important things, like netplay.

[edit]
From the looks of it they're only $400 from target as I write this. They're also planning on supporting fluffy things like shaders for all you who like that kind of thing.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: uuuuummmmm Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Wink EXCEPT the fact that this guy JUST made a profile and this is his second post sounds 100% fishy to me that his intent is most likely NOTHING to do with this forum.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He's talking N64

Embarassed Approved even then I'm not emulation fan just netplay

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're hitting every remotely large N64 community out there. It isn't just about us, it's about the N64 generally.

It just so happens that GE/PD fans--or for that matter all Rare fans--will see more out this than other fanbases because Rare used many features that, to date, haven't been implemented in HLE graphics plugins. More to the point, until Glide GE and PD had no skies, water, LOD effects, proper zbuffering, remotely proper combining, env mapping, or framebuffer effects like reflections. They have already added a feature missing from PD HLE plugins for the camspy. Direct benefit. We've also worked with them in the past to get certain features emulated.

The people in question are well known in the N64 community, and if the poster of the topic is who I think it is has been instrumental in the preservation of titles and tracking emulator compatability. One of the people involved is responsible for writing the emulator compatability settings file used by PJ64 (and others). I fail to see how you suspect them of being malicious, but suspect you haven't even checked into who is working on the project or looked up where else these requests have been posted.

$264 to go.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am truly excited for this. My computer does not handle Glide "Well" But knowing that there is still Nintendo 64 plugin programmers out there in today age. It's just wonderful and I don't mind oddMlan bringing it back up and reminding us at all. And they are so close to achieving there goal! Lets hope this funding won't go to waste. Smile

oddMLan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
They're hitting every remotely large N64 community out there. It isn't just about us, it's about the N64 generally.

It just so happens that GE/PD fans--or for that matter all Rare fans--will see more out this than other fanbases because Rare used many features that, to date, haven't been implemented in HLE graphics plugins. More to the point, until Glide GE and PD had no skies, water, LOD effects, proper zbuffering, remotely proper combining, env mapping, or framebuffer effects like reflections. They have already added a feature missing from PD HLE plugins for the camspy. Direct benefit. We've also worked with them in the past to get certain features emulated.

The people in question are well known in the N64 community, and if the poster of the topic is who I think it is has been instrumental in the preservation of titles and tracking emulator compatability. One of the people involved is responsible for writing the emulator compatability settings file used by PJ64 (and others). I fail to see how you suspect them of being malicious, but suspect you haven't even checked into who is working on the project or looked up where else these requests have been posted.

$264 to go.

QFT. I couldn't have said it better.
(BTW, I don't know who do you think I am, but I didn't do any of those things you said... I'm just an emulation fan, I sometimes do bug reports to devs but I think I shouldn't take credit of things that I didn't actually do Embarassed )

MultiplayerX wrote:
Cool Wink EXCEPT the fact that this guy JUST made a profile and this is his second post sounds 100% fishy to me that his intent is most likely NOTHING to do with this forum.

Excuse me? I made this profile over a year ago, before even this campaign even existed. I didn't make this account just to spam, it's just that my intention was to raise awareness of something I assumed the people on this board would be interested in supporting, because like zoinkity said
zoinkity wrote:

There are threads all over other emulation communities like Emutalk, Ngemu, RareWareCentral, PJ64 Forums, Gbatemp, even Reddit at /r/emulation and /r/gaming. I'd consider this as spamming if it hadn't anything to do with the discussion topics of this community, which are:
Quote:
GoldenEye Cheats, Xbox 360, Wii GoldenEye, Nintendo 64, N64 Emulator, Video Game Forums

Also, thank you to everyone who donated or spread the word; the main goal has been successfully reached. Very Happy Now everyone will be able to experience better N64 GFX emulation, when the plugin is ready for release (ETA: January 2015). Donators get to try it earlier, though.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

0_0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: