ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Tomorrow Never Dies PS1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you guys enjoy this game?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Somewhat
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

john lennon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Tomorrow Never Dies PS1 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Guys,

I was wondering everyone's opinion on this game. I just got it in the mail today and I'm liking it a lot even though IGN gave it a very low score. I think its definitely not as good as Goldeneye but its a solid PS1 title!

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked it. I had it as a kid and the sfx and gameplay was pretty good. I especially loved the jet scene in the first mission. Nostalgia may be clouding my judgement though.

It may be a Bond game but you can't compare it to Goldeneye, two completely different styles of gameplay.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Lain
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah Tomorrow Never Dies. That was the first Bond game I ever played. It was okay back then and it's still okay today. It was hard as a kid, but nowadays it's not as good as the other Bond games I've played. XD

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played it, but I might try to track it down.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ditto! Frankly I didn't actually know it existed (shame on me!)

john lennon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-PLAYSTATION-PS1-w-Original-Box-1999-/371156355233?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item566aa488a1

Here is a link to a very cheap copy for anyone interested, it is quite good. Don't expect a Goldeneye experience but for PS1, I enjoyed it!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tomorrow Never Dies...
The one game I would have preferred Rare to have made over Perfect Dark. I don't know if it would have been as good as GoldenEye regardless of the change, but it would have been a whole heck of a lot better than the game published by Electronic Arts.

My vote on this poll: Somewhat.
However, it's been many a year since I last played it, so picking it up now may lead me to dislike it more.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played it since it was new, but I remember it being pretty underwhelming.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh... I never realised this was a released game...
I thought it was just a proposal that I read somewhere on this forum some time ago in relation to Goldfinger 64, and subsequently seen it again yesterday.

As far as Im concerned... Most games released by EA are... ****.

I aggree that rare should have done it, but I suppose the story about TWINE and all its constraintes imposed by MGM are probably the same reasons Rare passed it off.
The only difference between a Rare TWINE and the EA TWINE is that Rare could have maybe got away with the same engine (PD) and values. Because EA were starting fresh, MGM imposed the restraints (No CHEATS etc)

Trev

IAmInvincible
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had this on the PS1 but my console broke and had only got up to level 4 Sad

Enjoyed what I did play and watched a walkthrough on Youtube a few years back was fairly decent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: