ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Datadyne carpet missing with Project64 & Glide...WTF
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
One of the first thing I'd like to try when I'll start mapping, is that if you can do something more than use textures like (some funky 16x16 wad of fuzz) as details texture.

You can use other textures, or even color textures. I've heard tale of a sort of bumpmap effect through their use.

There are some limitations, and since GE/PD's microcodes are slightly different I can't say for certain how many of these apply.
*) Textures are additive. If you have a red texture and a green texture, the combined detail texture will be yellow. Probably.
*) The size should be a factor of the original image for tiling to work properly. According to the leaked documentation that can be found online, the image is automatically tiled in tmem so it appears four times. That said, actual usage varies and appears to simply tile it in tmem additively in the same space as the original image, which makes sense even from the perspective of the documentation since negative coords w/o clamp repeat.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
I don't think there's any difference with the real detail textures, but I needed to do it like this so it would show on emulators.

Definitely, this looks great. Very good job on that. :thumbsup:

I have tried to play with detail texture with the editor but since I can't get it too work properly on emulator it's hard to see the result in game.
Time to order an Everdrive64 don't you agree ? Very Happy

I've also tried to add detail texture to the leg part of the olive russian guard (facility) but the rom didn't even load. Well I probably did something wrong since I did that fast.

Also, I don't understand why Depot's floor got a detail texture and Dam doesn't for example. Gotta add the same texture on Dam and check if it affects performance and visual quality on the real hardware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: