ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Russian Commander
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 32 x 48 size is probably because the flags I've set for the image types do not support it. It has some flags which I don't know how to set right.

The reason in GE you can't swap 32x32 with 64x32s is cause u,vs are defined based on image sizes, unlike most graphics formats such as .obj which are size independent and u,vs.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see. I suppose the Rare guys came up with something that allowed for higher performance.

And lol, Wreck, I guess AC67 also found a good performance improvement for his guards Very Happy.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, possibly Radorn. It's still a higher engine ^_^

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hahaha, Nice one wreck...

err to finish my earlyer comment I think I was going to say that I like to see such improvements in quality (apart from the buttons, again like in the other thread Id be willing to take a look at the model if you send it.("Visual editor needs to be open"... It wont open and dads on his laptop...)

I also know that wreck wants to port quickly and as origonal as possible so Im probably just a pain but still I like to 'push the limits of 'GoldenEyeX''.

Trev

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're not the only one that wants it perfect, Trev.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
I also know that wreck wants to port quickly and as origonal as possible so Im probably just a pain but still I like to 'push the limits of 'GoldenEyeX''.

I'd rather people (as well as myself) take time on any project to make sure it turns out as good as possible. The body / head porting process is taking me longer now, because I want to make sure they bleed properly. The bodies in the first release got bloody in large patches, as they shared RGB values. Now they are all unique, which ensures better staining.

I also would like to make some enhancements to GE:X, but there are others who feel it should take a more traditional route. I think we've come to the decision that two different versions will be released. One will follow the same lines as the original, while the other will have various changes.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Take all the time you need, Wreck. I'm just really anxious to play this X_X Very Happy

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats good news wreck, Im definatly in for GEXv2 (or Special Issue Smile )

Trev

P.S. Oh, err does perfect dark use a standard body?

I ask because of this guy and the commando being different.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They may have used a certain style for the PD bodies, much like most of the GE bodies are similarly shaped. You can see a bigger difference between games in the upper body, as well as the arms. Even the boots / shoes are often noticeably different. The way they texture them is likely unique. If they can reuse the same image a few times and get the same effect, it's a shortcut they seem to have taken, at least with the G5 Guard. I'd imagine they probably did that where something is symmetrical. If a chest is supposed to have an ID badge on the right-side, than separate textures are required for both left and right. Depends on what the body calls for, really.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is another 1 i like

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is really cool stuff. Gards model of PD look so much better.

I was wondering if the polycount was so much different than GE, but I can't find a way to load a full model in Deled or something (bodies are separated in "lots of parts".

I wouldn't have mind if they had redone the suits instead of porting them from GE, so textures would have been more detailed than the blurry one we got. It's something I'd like to try to improve someday.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I don't even know how I thought that commander looked good... In my defense I did spend a bit of time on it Wink

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure it's not polished but I like it. The legs are really good quality for example. I'm glad you went throught this. I was wondering how it would look and actually there's potential.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am too. My interest in the editor had just been starting so I did a lot of playing around. Glad I have something to look back on in the same vain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: