ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Asians in cinema

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Asians in cinema Reply with quote Back to top

There's very Asians in Hollywood movies and tv shows. It's mostly black and white people. Asians are largely ignored. There's a few here and there, but a few. When watching movies, it's like as if Asians don't exist. They are nowhere anywhere in the show!

I attribute this to (1) slavery and (2) Asians are too quiet and modest

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depends - I live in New Zealand - we get heaps of Asian cinema over here. Also entire sections of video stores devoted to the cartoons Wink

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's faults on BOTH sides. Americans are very patriotic and want American type shows like westerns etc. Asian cinema is AWESOME! I saw this movie called "I SAW THE DEVIL". It's stars that guy that plays STORM SHADOW in G I JOE. basically this serial killer kills his wife so he hunts the guy down and instead of killing him TORTUES him every time he tries to get another victim. The other problem is a lot of pride from your people as well to conform to some of our culture. A lot of my people don't like subtitled sh*t so they protest ANYTHING foreign. So I think it's really faults on both sides. Honestly it drives me NUTS we have bent over for Mexico over here. I'm not against them but the illegals that can get MORE state and government help for things we can't get is WRONG. I don't think that's right. As a matter of fact you could probably get more money to help with school here or pay light bills than we can. Wink. It's a vicious cycle. It's called POLITICIANS PLAYING US. We can't give in to what they want. They want us to hate one another so they can make money off us. We have to UNITE. Wink

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, how many americans there are in bollywood movies?
Laughing

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
Well, how many americans there are in bollywood movies?
Laughing

Lol I just wanted to post this exact sentance. Very Happy

About what Multiplayer said, I always think it's funny how "hollywood" have rules they follow stricly. Like they know what has succeed, so they follow that path.
And then suddently, someone try something else. If it works, you have crap of clones that copy paste some aspects etc...
They don't take may risks. Maybe the reason why I'm not a movie amateur. Too predictable, quite often, boring.

It's like women characters. They got it right with Perfect Dark (the game only). It's just a next door woman. Not the hot girl designed just to please the brain between the legs and that's it.
There's not so much variety about characters either in videogames or movies actually. But oh well, I may overestimate the audience. They study what please people, and give them what they want. Sad

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Americans STEREOTYPE: I understand what you guys are saying about americans and our quote "pride" and certain way of doing things. We are honestly no different than any other country. France and everyone else has their own system of beliefs and way of doing things too. Wink I will say I saw an AMAZING movie made in France a few months ago that was an absolute MASTERPIECE Very Happy :

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: