ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

N64 Magazine E3 Special 1999 VHS video promo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drache
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: N64 Magazine E3 Special 1999 VHS video promo Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure if that has ever been posted before or mentioned. For myself I just found some beta content of Perfect Dark that I had yet seen. It is shown here through this VHS Nintendo promo video from 1999 posted on YouTube.
You have to skim through the video a few times to see all of the Perfect Dark segments. I never knew that the original Sniper Rifle from Goldeneye was still used in the beginning beta, or that Deep Sea was heavily retextured. You also see how the game text varies through the video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldYIp7SN2EE

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice find! I've seen captures from this video before, but never the actual video. The segment at the end is cut from the same source as many other early videos, but shows a few things that none of the others I've found do.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I collect early PD promos and clicked the video with the anticipation that it would have been something I've come across before but this has caught me by surprise. Good find Smile PD beta still intrigues me to this day.

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing world driver in here made my day. I played the hell of that.
Love how in the background you can see the old school Pokémon show. What days those were.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, deep sea has a different feel with those different textures.
Good find!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This video is pretty spectacular, wow!!! Can someone rip and save off the PD sections, just so we don't lose this. It was really cool seeing GE Sniper Rifle in there in action (and 1 hit kill it seemed). And the full video of what they snapped pictures of in their magazine.

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaRaDoX wrote:
Wow, deep sea has a different feel with those different textures.
Good find!

From what I know. Deep sea is the only level that looks completely different in the beta version.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, I wounder if the pistols being held up can be re-enabled hahaha.

Trev

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:

Trev

The editor could possibly still have the codes used to change how you hold the weapons. Idea Question

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice video! Even though PD did have some interesting beta elements, I think I'm still more intrigued by GoldenEye's beta materials. All Bonds, the Dam island, blood hits, ceiling lamps in stages, different AK47 model, unused props in ROM, etc. Not to say that Perfect Dark doesn't have fun stuff, but it just doesn't feel as mysterious to me.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
Trevor wrote:

Trev

The editor could possibly still have the codes used to change how you hold the weapons. Idea Question

I believe this feature is long long gone along with many of the elements we see in this video unfortunately. I think at this point we would have found a trigger while RAM modifying.

The PD segments in the video are now safely stored away on my external.

A funny fact knowing deep sea was one of the first levels ever created for the game. I have the latter segment on another video file but it has music playing over it, and it's not as good quality. Also, ~29:13, what is that middle thing? Some kind of table?

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Also, ~29:13, what is that middle thing? Some kind of table?

I noticed that as well, I'm judging by the fact that it has shadows it may be some fixed table or wall thing.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh loved it when I saw the GE Remote Mine with the GoldenEye Explosion and the glass shattering sound effect! Laughing Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: