ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Proper G-Eye or GE-X Emulation for Gamecube/Wii/Xbox,WHEN???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilenceHarmsYourEars
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:55 am    Post subject: Proper G-Eye or GE-X Emulation for Gamecube/Wii/Xbox,WHEN??? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Folks,

A general question which I thought would have been asked before. I did a quick search and it has been asked slightly but, not specifically that I could find. Razz So here it is:

Q: Does anyone have an idea WHEN we can expect to see proper emulation of Goldeneye 007 (specifically the Multiplayer) on either a Gamecube or Wii/Wii U? It's bound to happen so the question is simply, WHEN!!!

As far as I can see people have only got as far as making it work roughly on the Wii. And, as someone commented in another thread

Quote:
"the game blinks with 2 or 3 players but you can play without graphical issues with 4 players and "Framebuffer textures" on. "

This is unacceptable.

Never mind all this PC poop emulation, we need Goldeneye and/or Goldeneye X running perfectly first and foremost on the Gamecube or Wii/U! Granted this is probably not an easy task, made harder by Nintendo Wiis retarded choice of console setup... what with its stupid, trolling classic controller that looks like it was designed by a 6 year old with mental deficiencies but, it is none the less a worth while cause!

GOLDENEYE 007/ X .... WE NEED IT WORKING PERFECTLY, 2+4-WAY SPLIT SCREEN MULTIPLAYER! Any ideas how much longer?

Feedback / Thoughts appreciated.

p.s. Note I should stress I own the sodding original Goldeneye and would suggest all others to buy also. I included Xbox also as that would be great. Feel free to post video examples. I found a good one a while ago showcasing the current imperfections but, can't find it again currently.

Last edited by SilenceHarmsYourEars on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4262766/N64LIFE/Project64_v1_7_AQZ.rar and/or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4262766/N64LIFE/Project64_v2_1_4.rar

If it runs good offline , so does on , I get different performance GE/PD on those two builds so

They've got AQZ netplay input plugin , you unblock any port like 1234 TCP and host it . I've had a full house join me up and was pretty spectacular just I don't know how much input delay they've had 0.o

You know the awful FPS spike that always occurs when simply switching weap in GE/PD ? That is non-present in these newer PJ

Cheers Silent n for God's sakes , NO MORE SILENCE !!!!

SilenceHarmsYourEars
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks bubba but, what the hekk are you saying? Which system are those files for? Wii or Gamecube, both?

I ain't interested in online gaming it presently, I am talking about getting it working properly / improved for what it was designed for:

LOCAL MULTI-PLAYER, SPLIT-SCREEN.

That means using proper Nintendo hardware folks! Which as far as I'm concerned should be the first and FOREMOST quest of all these modders before anything else.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Modding has nothing to do with emulator development.

Nintendo's own N64 emulation on GC/Wii hasn't been perfect either and they aren't running the disadvantage of having virtually no documentation on the blasted thing. Look at all the obvious flaws in the way over-released Ocarina of Time. Closest yet is Cen64, still incomplete. Given it's open-source expect it to be ported to consoles when complete.

The prognostication machine can't spit out a fortune cookie with a definitive date for you.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A NINTENDO 64 solves

The real thang .. er Embarassed PC Embarassed er nothin

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilenceHarmsYourEars wrote:
Thanks bubba but, what the hekk are you saying? Which system are those files for? Wii or Gamecube, both?

I ain't interested in online gaming it presently, I am talking about getting it working properly / improved for what it was designed for:

LOCAL MULTI-PLAYER, SPLIT-SCREEN.

That means using proper Nintendo hardware folks! Which as far as I'm concerned should be the first and FOREMOST quest of all these modders before anything else.

Can always play offline multi-player on PC, just plug a couple controllers into computer and there you go. I have tried that before and it ran super smooth. Playing online is great as well, gives you the ability to play with people around the country or globe. Sure it doesn't always run as smooth, but if you find the right people with a good connection and a good server, the experience is very enjoyable. I'm just grateful we have the ability to play these great classics and thankful to all the people that made it happen.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah each has its good and bad aspect.

For example, I'm playing N64 again on CRT. It sure is is awesome, but its framerate is lower than emulation, and that is definetely something, considering they are shooters. The genre we're the most use to play at 60 fps.

So...no undebattable way to play them again, unless someone manage to find a way to make them 60 fps on the original N64.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on it! lol.

But yes, it's preference at the end of the day as to which you'd use.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: