ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission: Impossible for the N64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Mission: Impossible for the N64 Reply with quote Back to top

Mission: Impossible for the NES was one of my favorite games for the system, I feel it is severely underrated.

I had no idea until today that Mission: Impossible was also made for the N64. Upon looking at a few youtube videos, it looks similar in some ways to Goldeneye.

Has anybody here ever played it? I don't think I've ever seen this game mentioned before in these forums. Is it any good? At least from looking at youtube, it looks interesting.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup I got the game and the guide. I like the game and come back to it every now and then. I hate the classic laser trip mission. The game has it's flaws but it's still an okay game. Love the music. Sure everyone thinks of the embassy song when mentioning music for this game.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's more of a rental. And that laser level is just awful.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It had a few decent stages but the game was plagued with some bad design choices. It's usually in 3rd person though this changes occasionally. Unlike GE or PD stealth stages are ones where you are disguised and basically shouldn't do anything that makes it obvious you're a spy. Those stages were really the best parts of the game, such as the first part of the embassy or sneaking around in Russia.

Compression and all is known. Nobody's really poked through the files yet though.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funnily enough I played it the other day. I think that my memory of it being amazing was clouded by nostalgia!

Don't mean to go slightly off topic, but a few of the missions could potentially work as GE/PD multi levels, such as Embassy. Music was decent too and could sound interesting with GE/PD instruments.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How does MI's "framerate" not spring to thread , so-to-type l0l

I believes the PS1 platform had even smoother than tha 64 o.0

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thought the same thing before and extracted an untextured embassy to see if it would work a very long time back. It's a very, very small space. The slower pacing in M:I doesn't make it seem like this, but it's about as small as Basement--minus the hallways.

Music was pretty good though.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like Mission Impossible, Good ideas and I agree that the stealth was the best part.

The shooting wasnt great, it was better to just sneak around.

The textures arnt as sharp as PD, either by texture choice or model layout. Sounds are very muffled compared to GE, but the actual music is good.
I searched Youtube for it and found the PS version had different OST, I prefere the 64 version, but that could be bias.

Speaking of PS version, TWINE is different on the PS too isnt it. unless I am remembering something else.
Pitty the PS version had the bond intro and the 64 didnt... The so-called legal stuff cant be the reason here since they did include it on PS.

As far as framerate goes, I always assumed it was just a slow paced game, it didnt seem to jump anyway. (like lots of explosions in GE)

Trev

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow I was just reminded of one of the late levels

The one where you're on top of trains and have to hop onto catwalks for I think switches opening doors yadayada .. very action-y that mission cool angles it made me giggle the whole way

And the facemaker effect when you transform into other buddy .. always blows me awey

I could console it but afraid of clumsy input .. when I played thru it I had states on me side o.0

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's also one of those games that look better in beta pics!

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/mission-impossible-64-tech-demo/

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love this game.
Its really good.
Hasn't aged as well as PD or GE, but still.
Some levels are pretty bad but then again some are really amazing.
There is quite a lot easter eggs in this game, many of them are rarely mentioned.

Always liked the sniper level at the train station.
Some of the death sequences are hilarious.

The Train Car music is really epic, always pumps me up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8pO98IbZYw

And yes, the NES version is superb game also.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M:I64 has easter eggs fantsu ..?

Pray tell Embarassed

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
M:I64 has easter eggs fantsu ..?

Pray tell Embarassed

Most of them are glitches where you ruin the triggers and something cool happens. Like in the embassy when the ambassor is coming down the steps someone might actually shoot him.

You can access many rooms that you arent supposed to, not many videos around about that, but this one is for PSX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_L57LVFNtc

Also you can spawn character models that arent in the game during the credits, there is bunch of people who they left out from, but still made the models (as you might now the credits in this game are in the embassy and you can speak to the developer models there and they explain what they did), some of those unused models can be found at the level where you ride top of the trucks in the dark corridor (cant remember the name right now) and they have their own unique lines too.

Your gun can also glitch so that it shoots like the boat turret.

Translated versions had some curse words left over and by no mistake. Maybe it was in spain?

I think there is tons of hidden messages or maybe just leftovers outside the borders of the maps, you usually need to enable invincibility and turbo mode to access those, character models just standing in the void but still have some lines to talk.

Candice is hidden also outside the embassy, dont remember what level. And you did need to spawn rocket launcher to get to her.

And there is the "Mario Mode" text in the code also, it handles the 3rd person camera and is linked to Super Mario 64 somehow. At least they copied something from SM64.

Oh yeah, and the gym at the CIA building was modeled after some room from the developers offices.

There might be lots of garbage left because they remade the game so many times.

Also... when I bought this game it game with the movie itself, on VHS and it was somehow different than the movie theater version (due to age restrictions), cutted wrong or something. And it had some gaming commercials.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: