ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

007 Mode & Other Challenges
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sixteen of twenty missions on 150/150/15/0 completed. Not sure how well I'll manage in Jungle. It's already a pain, and with them using AR33's, the damage is even more severe. Not to mention Xenia being beefed up. And if I play Train, make it all the way to the end, and Natalya doesn't find where Boris is, I might chuck my controller at the tv. She did that on my recent 00 Agent play through, and I was none too happy with her. I know wounding Xenia helps, but I swear she screws you over randomly.

But the major success for me was the total destruction of Aztec. Now, I used to think this was the hardest level in the entire game. Moonraker Elites, armed with assault rifles and lasers, with great accuracy and the occasional hand grenade. But I must have finally - after 17 years of playing - figured out how the guards work. With a proper strategy, I've been able to beat this mission with a setting of 225/225/22/0. That makes them have more than double health, damage dealt, and accuracy than 00 Agent. For a mission I had a heap of trouble with before, it's becoming much easier. Going back to 00 Agent will feel like a joke now! Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've recently had an easier time with guards in Aztec versus, say, setting off all the guards in Bunker II.
One big advantage (besides the pattern) is almost every weapon in Aztec pierces and there's a lot of bottlenecks. Being able to shoot through a dying guard is a major advantage for the AI.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Aztec on 250/250/25/0 late last night. That's two and a half times worse than 00 Agent mode. Three hits from an AR33 spells doom. Came close at the end. Waiting for the countdown to run out is always nerve wracking. All it takes is for one guard to pop up and ruin your run. Good thing hiding up next to the computer that operates the exhaust bay doors usually keeps them away.

I didn't really notice much difference increasing their reaction time, or at least not on Aztec. They're already primed to go, so punching that up doesn't have a big effect. Though, they did seem to notice firing sounds more quickly, which could bite you in the butt if not careful.

Yeah, the fact that the weaponry pierces through bodies and crates is also a great help for humans. One place in particular when it really is a life saver, is the big shuttle launching area with all the drone guns. The laser toting guards at the far end are devastating. If they see even a piece of tuxedo fabric, they'll take you out with incredible precision. It's super important to stay behind a crate, inching to a side, until the guard's position is known behind that metal. The glass security doors also allow players to shoot through them and eliminate the rushing elites.

Jaws is ridiculously easy, due to him not being able to see or hit you over the clipping gaps. Still means you need to run around a bit, which can have some close calls. Damn does he have a lot of armour and health, though.

Oh, and Bunker ii can be pretty brutal. It's the level that gave me the most trouble my last 00 Agent playthrough. Though, if you are careful and know to keep very quiet, it's not bad. I did the 150/150/15/0 run without taking a single hit. But if you alert guards in certain areas, it can be a living hell.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
EternallyAries wrote:
Rey wrote:
Wreck wrote:
I managed to beat Aztec with the settings at 150%, 125%, 15%, 0% the other night. That increased their health and accuracy by 50%, and the damage they deal out by 25%. Didn't have much health left at the very end, but I think I could do it with damage up to 150%. There's only a few areas where things get real tricky, and with damage that high, you could get ripped up pretty fast. Thankfully you can get your hands on a Laser, since your AR33 ammo starts to run out. And that one body armour is a massive bonus. At least Rare knew when to be a little generous. Razz

Next step for you is to try it on Enemy Rockets hahaaha

Enemy Rockets would be quite interesting to be honest. but sadly, the only thing that would be different around the 007 difficulty would be the fact that Enemy reaction time. Raise that sucker up and there is little chance you make it out of the first room alive or in other cases with little to no heath left. The other settings would probably have not much effect since the explosives are already pretty damn deadly at it's finest. besides the heath being higher would cause quite the head ache on making a strategy to get from point A to point B.

Wrong, it would have a big effect because spawning guards carry there intended weapons.

True, true. I forgot the spawning guards. But even though the spawn rate is high, I would be more worried about the rocket guards more so then the spawning laser guards shooting you down.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

300/300/30/0 Aztec down! Two AR33 shots = red screen. I was about to give up on it, but managed to pull it off before rage quitting. Doing it without the armour would be super gutsy. What's weird is that the locations of the spawning guards when going to update the guidance data changed on me. I got used to them entering the black room with all the monitors from the stone door, but they decided to flip it and come from the exhaust bay area through the mainframe door. Seems much trickier that way, too.

Also played through the game on Agent using just the Fast Animation cheat. Pretty interesting experience that is. Now, on most stages, the accuracy is pretty bad, so dying isn't a big concern. The hardest levels were probably Control, Cradle and Aztec. Thank goodness in Control the guards who take aim at Natalya have a delay. Once they get into position, they don't begin firing for about two seconds or more. Had they shot right away, it may be impossible. I also had my first guard toss a grenade in that area, which took some health off Natalya. Cradle is quite intense. The spawned guards move around the structure very quickly, and they've got decent accuracy. Trevelyan at the base of the platform is also improved. But, of course, Aztec takes the cake. Fast moving, highly accurate, and now a very mean Jaws. Doing this all on Secret or higher would prove to be a real challenge.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I just discovered probably one of the craziest, intense challenges out there. Fast Animation, 00 Agent, Cradle. This.. is.. insane. You're usually lucky to last more than a minute. By the time you reach the top of the long ramp, your body armour will be nearly depleted, or worse. Depending on how nasty the spawned guards are, you might not even make it any further than that. The Janus special forces respawn so quickly, and dart around the Cradle with amazing speed, that you're almost never safe. Somehow I was able to just narrowly beat it. Trevelyan got killed by a grenade, so I bolted down to the bottom platform. I got nailed in the back over and over again on the way. Dropping down the ladder, I was hit once more. My health was literally zero at this point, and I was worried that I'd either be shot and killed, or that the final shot would force me off the little platform. Secret Agent was tough enough, but 00 Agent was well over an hour of playing. That's sixty plus attempts.

Also completed Enemy Rockets on Agent. Train was pretty absurd. Aztec is, again, another pain to deal with. Jungle was quite a challenge. Between dealing with rocket wielding guards, drone guns, Natalya getting near explosions, and a Xenia who now has a Rocket Launcher and a Grenade Launcher, it took a few attempts. I literally died once crossing the doorway into the elevator. That's an extreme pissed off moment, if I've ever had one.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
So I just discovered probably one of the craziest, intense challenges out there. Fast Animation, 00 Agent, Cradle. This.. is.. insane. You're usually lucky to last more than a minute. By the time you reach the top of the long ramp, your body armour will be nearly depleted, or worse. Depending on how nasty the spawned guards are, you might not even make it any further than that. The Janus special forces respawn so quickly, and dart around the Cradle with amazing speed, that you're almost never safe. Somehow I was able to just narrowly beat it. Trevelyan got killed by a grenade, so I bolted down to the bottom platform. I got nailed in the back over and over again on the way. Dropping down the ladder, I was hit once more. My health was literally zero at this point, and I was worried that I'd either be shot and killed, or that the final shot would force me off the little platform. Secret Agent was tough enough, but 00 Agent was well over an hour of playing. That's sixty plus attempts.

Also completed Enemy Rockets on Agent. Train was pretty absurd. Aztec is, again, another pain to deal with. Jungle was quite a challenge. Between dealing with rocket wielding guards, drone guns, Natalya getting near explosions, and a Xenia who now has a Rocket Launcher and a Grenade Launcher, it took a few attempts. I literally died once crossing the doorway into the elevator. That's an extreme pissed off moment, if I've ever had one.

I once tried fast animation with enemy rockets on 00 agent just for laughs and I did laugh alot. Such random moments to have a rocket in your face.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to do Bunker ii on LTK using nothing but the Slapper, Throwing Knifes and Silenced PP7.

My fastest time on Bunker ii on Agent is 0:44. Still working away on that.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try playing 00Agent Aztec in reverse, meaning falling down the pit after you eliminate the 3 sniper guards. You face, Jaws first then the drones are pointing right at you. That takes some time to complete.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: