ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Everdrive + svideo = bad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Everdrive + svideo = bad Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but has anyone else experienced bad mis-alignment of the color channels through svideo while using an everdrive?

It's taken me three hours to get the thing working and having to drop back to rca was a bit of a dint (for someone who had got use to the better quality afforded through the Doctor 64).

Thoughts?

Also will update other threads after tests on PD and GE have been done Very Happy

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't have thought an Everdrive 64 could alter the picture (video output), unless you're using a different region rom from the region of your N64 (which the Everdrive 64 allows you to do) and your TV has trouble displaying the different region roms.

What I mean is, if say your N64 is PAL, then all PAL games should work on your PAL TV, whether they are original game cartridges, or rom images on a PAL Everdrive 64, but if you use NTSC or JAP then your TV might have trouble displaying them, which you'd never know without an Everdrive 64 as you'd never be able to play NTSC/JAP roms on a PAL N64.

For technical help on the Everdrive 64, you should post at

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

which is the official ED64 forum, and is frequented by Krikzz, who designs and makes the Everdrives.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've cross checked against televisions, roms, overclocked/standard N64s and it appears to always happen with the everdrive.

I'd always thought that the video didn't involve the cart in any way.

I've tried to register on those forums but for the life of me can't get the registration form to work - it keeps on coming up with issues with the capatacha. So out of frustration I asked here Smile

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've posted your original post at:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2931.0

so keep an eye on there (and good luck - the ED64 is brilliant, so I really hope you get this sorted out).

Also, keep trying to sign into their forums, and if the problem persists after a few more days (so it's not just a problem with their server problems, as if so it should be fixed in three or four days) then post here and I'll pm Krikzz about it.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much for helping! I think I managed to post, will keep trying however Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: