ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Hard Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ositsho
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye Hard Mode Reply with quote Back to top

This was something I have been working on in the little spare time that I have. Anyways, after many anger-inducing moments, it's safe to safe that my harder version of the original Goldeneye is ready. While it has been up on Goldeneye Vault for a little while now, I've updated it multiple times to be a harder yet still plausible experience.

It's starts off only slightly harder than the original but the difficulty curve increases quite a bit in later levels. I've have also found various bugs and nonsense that was inside the original Goldeneye ROM's action blocks that I have fixed.

Anyone is welcome to contribute any ideas to this if they find anything they wish were better, or harder/easier. Cool

Also big thanks to Subdrag for putting up with the plethora of emails I've been sending.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks mate, I'm downloading now. The URL is

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=296

(you forgot to post it).

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I downloaded it but I've yet to try it.
I just hope there's not much add of guards that require more than 1 headshot to kill Twisted Evil

Ositsho
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've patched up a spawning problem on Runway. The update should be up on the website soon. Mad

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me say it...wow!

This may be one of my favorite GoldenEye hacks, period. I love how you used areas that went unused in the original game (I love how you added the original Shotgun to the Frigate level for instance). Nothing feels overly hard or placed without reason. I loved when I went for the data backup in Dam and the timer was twice as long and guards rushed the room. The extra use of the Commandants in certain levels really adds as well. With Xenia in the Silo, I wouldn't of minded a line of dialogue between her and Bond with Bond ending it with, "I'm sure the pleasure was all mine." which would've made her dialogue in Jungle make more sense (haven't played Jungle yet, so if this was addressed, I apologize).

I love the added/modified objectives, although I do wish there were more...that said, I know that wasn't the intent of the project. Overall, an excellent mod. Anyone who was a fan of the original game who hasn't checked this out yet should.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: