ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Want to buy a Resident Evil game...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Want to buy a Resident Evil game... Reply with quote Back to top

As of now, the only Resident Evil game that I have played is the 2002 GameCube remake (and the recent HD version!). I have an Xbox 360 and wanted to play some of the other titles in the series.

I have read mixed reviews about Resident Evil 4, 5, 6, Raccoon City and Code Veronica X. Can anyone recommend anything with similar gameplay to that of the original? I prefer survival horror as opposed to just shooting endless zombies!

Any help would be appreciated!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RE3 must must must

Nothing tops that fright factor and though much shorter still beyond overrated RE2 (RE2 gets cumbersome and dull quickly o.0)

Jus don't do it on PS1 it's terribly fragile (only bought it thrice)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, Resident Evil 2 is still the best. The reason it gets so much praise is because it deserves it. You choose between two characters (one male, one female - sound familiar?), which each have slightly different versions of the same scenario. However... once you beat the game, you unlock a new scenario for the opposite character to take on. It's much more difficult, and features a relentless new enemy who refuses to stay down. Great assortment of weapons, terrific music / ambiance, and special bonus mini games you can unlock for added content. Plus - save room music for the win.

RE3: Nemesis is another awesome entry into the series. You play as Jill Valentine (from the first game), who is desperately trying to escape from a now overrun Raccoon City. And like the second scenario in RE2, another terrifying baddie is tracking you down in an effort to destroy any member of STARS left alive. Pretty good weapons, with the new ability to create your own ammo from gun powder found around town. You also have a chance to sort of make decisions that will affect certain outcomes. You'll come to a spot where you must choose one of two options to take. Which one you pick is up to you, and it's fun to replay the game again to see what happens. Really great game.

Code: Veronica wasn't one of my favourites at first. I mean, it was good, and looked nice, but didn't grab me right away. Plus, I ended up getting to a point where I ran out of ammo and had to cheat with a GameShark to finish it...

BUT, when I decided to pick it up again, I enjoyed it far more. It's actually, in certain ways, the most similar to the first game. You need to be cautious with your ammo, and plan your attack. Saving often (though I would suggest alternating between two or three save slots, in case you do something stupid or waste bullets and screw yourself over) is key. It's the only other one in the series that will have me sitting for a few moments, figuring out what the best course of action will be. And it has hunters. Yes, those nasty, scaly creatures who want to slice your head off. Bandersnatches are also really cool. If you beat it, you'll unlock a fun bonus mode, as well. I grew to respect this game a lot.

Zero could have been fantastic, but the decision to remove the item crate system killed it for me. I spend twice as much time lugging all my crap around from area to area, than I do trying to make progress. But who knows, you might love it.

RE4 is probably the best of the "modern" style (over the shoulder). It gained huge attention and critical acclaim. I loved it on the Wii, since you'd use the remote to aim and slash.

Revelations was enjoyable - more so than RE5. I haven't played RE6, though I've owned it for probably almost a year. Raccoon City was better than I thought it would be, but I hardly consider it a real Resident Evil game. Very different feel to it.

Long post? Haha, I am (or was... still holding out hope!) an RE fan. Even helped figure some stuff out for RE2 modification for the PC. Me hack a PC game? Holy crap! Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say Sweet Home for the NES is the best Resident Evil game ever.
It even has fan translation now.
Very Happy
Opening those doors slowly is so epic, and those jump scares...
Wink

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does it have to be an RE game? The Silent Hill games (the older ones, the ones I've played, at least) are like the RE games, only with less combat and much more unnerving atmosphere.

I'd suggest playing the first Silent Hill (you can emulate the Playstation version on your PC, if you don't have a console that will natively play it), then when you've completed it, play Silent Hill 2, which to me is the best SH game I've played). I've not played enough of SH 3, or 4 to judge them, but from what I've played they both have the same very eerie and nightmare like quality of the first two games.

There are a few more SH games, but I've heard that some (can't remember which) are not much good.

On the Gamecube there is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim, which I've not played, but *everyone* says is excellent. It's one of those games that always seems to appear on "Best horror video games" lists, along with games like the Fatal Frame series, System Shock 2, Condemned, Dead Space 1 and 2, Amnesia, and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

PS3 God
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

F*** her right in the P****

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up your ass

007 steeeeelo ! Cheers Wreck have not been a part of a board for so much .. even though mostly I'm typing out loud o.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: