ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problems with my custom level for Goldeneye
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]Yes, that is your beta now. Run that one as admin, etc, and see if it fixes your issues. Or Copy Beta to Stable release to run any exe as new beta (promoted to regular)[/quote]

Problem is still happening. Should i just install 2.5 then do the beta thing again?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you explain what is happening? I just open your ROM, press F7, then that one scientist, has two Cougers, and if I kill him, I pick up two.

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]Can you explain what is happening? I just open your ROM, press F7, then that one scientist, has two Cougers, and if I kill him, I pick up two.[/quote]

So what i really did was before i did the beta thing, i edited my level to fix the crashing. I deleted the scientists and the jungle commandos, and the only guards i have in my level now are jungle fatigues, janus special forces, and one russian commandant. The level worked fine after i did that, after i added more janus special forces guards, the problem happens again. So i did the beta thing like you said, run runwaysetupeditor.exe, open the setup file, quick converted it, started up the level on my emulator, and then it just sits at a black screen with the music playing.

Last edited by ZxSilentKLxZ on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you still have too much variety - perhaps a lot of prop types.

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]I guess you still have too much variety - perhaps a lot of prop types.[/quote]

Hmm, I looked at my level and it doesn't look like i have too much variety, i deleted all of the jungle props and it still wouldn't load. I made at least 5 levels on ge editor and they had some variety in them and everything worked fine.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I deleted all the guards and it loaded, so it's one of them. Delete them one by one until loads. Perhaps one of its presets is wrong, like he's not over a clipping tile properly. That's the best advice I can do, is back up your level, then try and bring it back until it crashes, and try and figure it out then.

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]I deleted all the guards and it loaded, so it's one of them. Delete them one by one until loads. Perhaps one of its presets is wrong, like he's not over a clipping tile properly. That's the best advice I can do, is back up your level, then try and bring it back until it crashes, and try and figure it out then.[/quote]

I just changed two other scientist guards in jungle fatigues and the level loaded now. I'll try what you said about deleting all guards if the problem happens again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: