ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Best way to emulate GoldenEye 007 single player
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
Thanks MUTE Smile

Where did you get the textures? Who made them? I would like to make some videos of the game using the textures so I would like to thank whoever made them and tell people a little bit about them.

Ok here is a link to the textures i use.

https://mega.nz/#!9E5DgBII!fKRMmOv34KCIfWRe4xIygatDSyf9Y6RZVsPJcSVoy34

Now this is no were near a complete texture pak nor did i create it. This pack is a combination of multiple packs that i have collected and sort of merged to my liking. There are texture bugs on Factility and on the doors of Archives, the folder picture glitches out sometimes but it fixes itself, at the start of this video you can see me fixing it ( https://youtu.be/tLgsqY_kCJA )

You will need to use Glide64 to run it with these options selected.

http://imgur.com/bdF1ZzH , ill double check those settings tho, since i think i changed some of them.

The texures are inside of this .rar file, they will be located in a folder called cache in the plugins folder, This is also the emulator i use. https://mega.nz/#!9E5DgBII!fKRMmOv34KCIfWRe4xIygatDSyf9Y6RZVsPJcSVoy34

Now from memory if you are using pj64 2.2 you will need to put the texture files inside a folder called textures in the root folder of Pj64, can not exactly remember if thats correct or if you need to make a GOLDENEYE folder inside of the texture folder and put them in there, i can check when i get home since i use pj64 for other games and i use textures with pj64 aswell.

Also i play with LOD calculations off under emulation settings tab in the Glide64 settings, it makes the trees on surface lool funny but with it turned on it makes the ground textures flicker. You will need to tick the show advanced settings and texture settings so you can see these tabs.

I could send you a link to the latest Goldeneye X 5D rom, but im pretty sure that ROM sharing is not allowed on this forum.

Sorry for the late response, i was at a 2 day LAN event in the weekend and only got 4hours sleep lol.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for doing this MUTE!
I downloaded the files and I am going to try this as soon as I get home from work! cant wait, its like getting GoldenEye all over again xD

I was expecting to get a folder full of images with different names, I guess changing textures isn't as easy as that. I would love to be able to add or change textures oh well (makes me wonder how you combined different texture packs)

I hope to make a few videos on this, do you mind if I share the textures? I will make sure and give you a shout out.

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I spent about an hour trying to get it to work with no joy Sad
I followed your settings and it even says loading textures when the game start up but it doesn't change. I am using an old rom file do you think that could be the problem?

I tried using the 1964 file to run it too and the textures didn't load but I don't even know where to put the textures when using it because there doesn't seem to be a "root" folder for it, it is just in the folder I unzipped.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
Well I spent about an hour trying to get it to work with no joy Sad
I followed your settings and it even says loading textures when the game start up but it doesn't change. I am using an old rom file do you think that could be the problem?

I tried using the 1964 file to run it too and the textures didn't load but I don't even know where to put the textures when using it because there doesn't seem to be a "root" folder for it, it is just in the folder I unzipped.

Jump on Teamspeak or skype and ill help you set it up.

I just started work so i wont be home for about 9 hours tho, what time zone do you live in?
Edit: since you may be fairly new too all this i suggest we just jump on teamspeak or skype that way i can show you how to intergrate Goldeneye/PD into steam/steam big picture so with one click of your mouse or controller you can boot up your game with out needing to open up your emulator, also can show you how to add custom single player or multiplayer levels to Goldeneye.

That way when it comes to creating a video/review of Goldeneye/Goldeneye-x/Perfectdark you will have a nice slick interface/frontend with screenshot previews that then loads straight into your game to review.

Im should be free to help from 430pm AWST to 12am or anytime in the weeknd.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be awesome if you could help me with all of that thanks MUTE!
I am on GMT so if we can't meet up thought the week I will see you at the weekend.
I will send you a private message on GoldenEdge with my Skype username.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you haven't seen it yet here is a comparison picture with the original emulated textures and the texture pack.

http://imgur.com/aJdxnqB
http://imgur.com/RKHbzIP

Also a picture of some of my emulated gamed set up in steam big picture

http://imgur.com/jAcjG0P

Altho i now use a different frontend for my arcade pc im working on at the moment.

Also i sent a friend request on skype, did you get it?

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great cant wait to get it running!
I see you on Skype but it said you were away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: