ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to install the new GlideN64 plugin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: How to install the new GlideN64 plugin? Reply with quote Back to top

The subject tells everything. I tried to input those files into the folder, and run goldeneye, but the emulators (pj64 and 1964) crash.

It seems to be the ultimate graphic plugin for N64 Games:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gliden64-graphics-plugin#/updates
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the current plugin I use with PJ64 2.2. The current version out right now is Public Release GLideN64 1.2 To install the correct files for it for those two emulators you go to bin>Win32>Zilmar Specs and copy over the GLideN64.dll, GLideN64.ini, and GLideN64.custom.ini files to the 1964's plugin folder. And for PJ64 2.2 (not sure which version you're using) Project2.2>Plugin>GFX folder. You only need to copy those files the others are multi language files. Hope this helps. Good luck.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Both emulator crash when i start the rom with GlideN 1.2

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you upload your whole folder anywhere?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your best bet is to go here and read the comments to see what specs work for the graphics card your pc is currently using. I also want to note that this plugin requires High System requirements. It's a very strong plugin not like jabo's or rice's.
Another thing you may want to do is leave a comment there as someone there could probably help you with your issue more than I could.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried GLideN64 before, and it's not worth it.

It's just a re-codded version of Glide with some minor tweaks in the impact of performance, there are also very few games it needs to 100% run.

Al thought, it pretty much runs Paper Mario perfectly, something like Conker BFD just runs choppily when normal glide can run it with no lag for me. Only use it if you have a game you cannot run without it, just use a different plugin otherwise.

And yeah, you need a beefy computer to run it, mine can run most games without lag, but PD, GE and Conker BFD run horridly. Also, crashes seem to happen because the computer's graphics card is too old, or you're running without the needed drivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: