ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Would a Superhot style mode be possible for PD/GEX/GE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Would a Superhot style mode be possible for PD/GEX/GE? Reply with quote Back to top

Theres an upcoming indie first person shooter called Superhot (https://superhotgame.com/) who's USP is that time stands still unless you yourself are moving, which gives you a lot more opportunity to plan and react than in other FPSs, and from the playable preview you can download, it seems like they're planning to make the full game incorporate lots of ambushes and simultaneous side attacks to test your abilities.

And someone made a mutator for Unreal Tournament 2004 that does a similar thing, only with this mutator then when you are not moving, then UT2004 moves much slower than usual, but it doesn't stop dead, and when you move then the game goes back to the normal speed for as long as you are moving. So far, I prefer the UT2004 mutator to Superhot, but I'm looking forward to playing the full version of Superhot when it's released.

You can download the UT2004 mutator from:

https://mega.nz/#!WNdXDT5A!67adOnVnf2N7Ky-xv7goxKCE-Gtv9i5lncha7vUN9GM

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to hack a similar function into Goldeneye X and Perfect Dark? Not the ambush setups, of course, I mean the slow down mechanics, so that when you (the human player) are not moving then the game moves much slower, but for as long as you move, then the game runs at the normal speed. I think that this would be fantastic in Perfect Dark's Combat Simulator, with one human versus a few Perfect or Darksims. It would be interesting to play this in single player too, I think. I'm not sure how long it would remain fun and not get boring, but I think it would make a good novelty for occasional play.

Is this possible to add to PD and GEX? Goldeneye too, but since it doesn't have bots, then it's not as appealing a target for this mod, I'd say.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, copy player speed to the game speed multiplier already used for slow/fast mo. Everyone who switched away from control stick for movement can curse their cupcakes.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEH

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Sure, copy player speed to the game speed multiplier already used for slow/fast mo. Everyone who switched away from control stick for movement can curse their cupcakes.

Can you make a patch for Perfect Dark, please? Preferably one that unlocks all Combat Sim maps and weapons, so we don't have to unlock them again.

mistamontiel wrote:
YEH

Exactly! It could be very enjoyable. Very Happy

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sort of off topic, but what was the first first (or third) person shooter to allow you to slow down time? I know that Max Payne usually gets credit, even though it was released a year after Perfect Dark (PD's Combat Boost is similar to Max Payne's Bullet Time), but what was the first? I can't think of anything before PD, but even if no commercial game did it before, PD, ithen slow-time might first have appeared in a third party mod, for Doom or Quake, or whatever.

Any ideas?

Edit: Did Turok's 'Ancestral meditation' (I can't remember what it's called) slow down time for you? I keep thinking that some game had a pick up that when you collected it it slowed down time and made the screen coloures go strange, and I *think* it was a Turok game. I could be wrong, and the game might even be post-N64, I'm not sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: