ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Everdrive 64 now plays 64DD games!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Everdrive 64 now plays 64DD games! Reply with quote Back to top

The Everdrive 64 has had it's OS software updated to v2.10, and now plays 64DD games! This feature was first implemented by Saturnu (a very talented programmer who makes the unofficial OS, called Alt OS) but now the official OS supports the 64DD games and has faster saving/loading times of save-game data.

The complete list of improvements in this update is:

1) 64DD support (cart conversion)
2) CIC-5101 support for Aleck 64
3) "Recently played" menu
4) SRAM 96K support (Dezaemon 3D)
5) Fixed default save type for Kirby U/E

And is available from:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3491.0

So there's now even more reasons to get an Everdrive 64 if you don't already have one!

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HA! I'm going to have to do that!!!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even though I'm beyond late to the topic. This is quite insane and really awesome! One day I'll have to pick myself up a EverDrive. It's just becoming way to awesome to not own one.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Even though I'm beyond late to the topic. This is quite insane and really awesome! One day I'll have to pick myself up a EverDrive. It's just becoming way to awesome to not own one.

I'm just *very* eager for the day when the full English translation of Simcity 64 is released, as Simcity 64 is fantastic, having first person views of exploring the cities that you build, and being able to ride through the cities. It really does bring the game to life, and when we can play this properly (by 'we' I mean us English only speakers) it will be fantastic!

By the way, EternallyAries, if you don't have a flash cartridge, then how do you play Goldeneye X? Does it play perfectly on any emulators? I've not tried any new versions of N64 emulators for a while, so I don't know if any updates in Project 64 or Mupen have made real improvements for their accuracy.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
By the way, EternallyAries, if you don't have a flash cartridge, then how do you play Goldeneye X? Does it play perfectly on any emulators? I've not tried any new versions of N64 emulators for a while, so I don't know if any updates in Project 64 or Mupen have made real improvements for their accuracy.

I play it though an Emulator named Mupen 64++ Beta 0.1.3.12 which is consider the best version for netplay. Currently you can download it at GE Master website.

http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/

Besides netplay though, it offers okay performance, it runs at max frames within gameplay (Minus the fact if you got bots roaming around) Or a four player game going on. But this is normal even with the Nintendo 64 itself.

Goldeneye X does have odd freezing moments though when it comes to switching around menus or creating your own character. But it runs pretty flawless when it comes to gameplay itself.

Kerr Avon wrote:
I'm just *very* eager for the day when the full English translation of Simcity 64 is released, as Simcity 64 is fantastic, having first person views of exploring the cities that you build, and being able to ride through the cities. It really does bring the game to life, and when we can play this properly (by 'we' I mean us English only speakers) it will be fantastic!

I am a HUGE fan of the SimCity series. (Minus the god awful Simcity reboot that was release recently) Would love to check out Simcity 64 if someone would want to take a shot translating it for us English speakers haha. Laughing

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:

Kerr Avon wrote:

I am a HUGE fan of the SimCity series. (Minus the god awful Simcity reboot that was release recently) Would love to check out Simcity 64 if someone would want to take a shot translating it for us English speakers haha. Laughing

Someone called Krom is translating it, but he/she has only done part of the translation so far. It's at https://github.com/PeterLemon/N64/tree/master/Translate/SimCity-64 but if you pm me your e-mail address then I'll send the patched rom to you, as it's not easy to patch (I couldn't find a working GUI that recognised the .xdelta3 file extension).

I hope the full translation is done soon, but I've not been able to find out how to contact Krom to ask if/when he will be resuming work on it.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krom gets sidetracked on really cool projects, like building an assembler for RSP and RDP code. In the last couple weeks he wrote a proto SPC player for N64, and yesterday backtracked to redo some SNES RSP draw demos using an exploit in the RSP. Instead of using an array of 16 128bit vectors to do shifts for the palette conversion it's shifting the vector using a scalar value. Only two vector registers are used.

I might work on it a little between other projects and work, but time has been slim lately.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn. At first I was like meh, peasants will get the games too. (I bought a 64DD with one of my first salary ^^)

But then, Sim City 64 in English ? Fock yeah.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Krom gets sidetracked on really cool projects, like building an assembler for RSP and RDP code. In the last couple weeks he wrote a proto SPC player for N64, and yesterday backtracked to redo some SNES RSP draw demos using an exploit in the RSP. Instead of using an array of 16 128bit vectors to do shifts for the palette conversion it's shifting the vector using a scalar value. Only two vector registers are used.

I might work on it a little between other projects and work, but time has been slim lately.

Please do, you or Krom, as we *need* this game in English. It would be a real feather in the N64's cap to have this (the best version of Sim City) in English, so that anyone can play it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: