ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@G14Classified - Thanks. Very well said on the Golden Gun Issue. I agree completely.

@Zoinkity - I had no idea the Hanging monitors explosion feature was taken off of the mod because of a crash issue on console. Thanks for the heads up on that issue.

@Wreck - It's great to hear some news from you on GE-X. Since Pavarini is working on weapon animations I requested if he can work on the animations for this weapons issue. http://i.imgur.com/ONewHCh.png I hope you don't mind. Get well soon.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The shells on the shotgun are less of an animation, and more of a special feature in the weapon setup blocks. There is a spot where you can show and hide parts of a weapon, whether it is always, or during certain events (animation, function change, etc.). Right now, I don't know if there is currently a feature to detect how much stock ammo you have available, which is how it worked in the original GE. If that can be setup somehow, we could try to get it going. Closest thing is their Devestator, and even that probably isn't quite the same - being a conveyor as you fire. I had some trouble porting the auto shotgun to begin with. I had to optimize the drawing of parts, by reordering pieces so all of one texture use would be together. With them being separate, it used a ton of drawing commands, which crashed on emulators. Bizarre it was alright on console, though. Almost always the other way around.

As for the eyelid doors, I will have to confirm, but I think that is just an emulation issue. They should be sealed tight on console. That one in Bunker seems to be position related, though. I will check into it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah okay thanks for the details. I thought the shell barrel was more of an animation issue, I had no idea it was a weapon model function feature. I believe the position issue on the bunker is the same issue in the eyelid doors as I can see what lies inside. However, in the bunker door I can be able to shoot from the inside thru the open gap.

Lastly, is there any progress on the muzzle flare's flickering for the automatic and power weapons?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you made any progress with the single player game in GEX, please?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a question.

Would you be able to make it so guards can't really shoot you trough railings on Cradle, since the level would be a bit too open, and they could just mow you down with no effort.

Also, eliminating Jaws in Aztec should be an objective to prevent the famous trick of getting guards to open the locked door without getting the key from him.

finally, the Grenade launcher has a pump on the front, suggesting it was pump-action, or that it cycled though nades like a revolver, and the pump cycled the cylinder.

The Watch Laser also needs it's bottom side modeled, since it kinda looks like it's glued on to Bond's arm to stay in-place. There's a fully-modeled watch in GE somewhere, if I'm correct. I think the model used when rotating thru the pause menu has it modeled, unlike the 1st person model.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote=fillerthefreak]Would you be able to make it so guards can't really shoot you trough railings on Cradle, since the level would be a bit too open, and they could just mow you down with no effort. [/quote]

Have you played cradle in the simulator, it seems pretty playable as is and works so far.
IF there was a specific problem related to the single player mission, then I would agree, but untill then I will disagree with false walls.

[quote=fillerthefreak]Also, eliminating Jaws in Aztec should be an objective to prevent the famous trick of getting guards to open the locked door without getting the key from him[/quote]
Perhaps PD wont have this problem, again, we wont know untill later.
The objective part could come in when you first see him, that might be cool.

Good idea on GL

[quote=fillerthefreak]The Watch Laser also needs it's bottom side modeled, since it kinda looks like it's glued on to Bond's arm to stay in-place[/quote]
As for watch, backfaces are culled, I think what you really mean is draw a shadow on bonds arm to show some depth, the problem with shadows is that they imply light direction and type of light.
Slight Ambient Occlusion under the watch would be acceptible, but is it worth it?

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got the customized level up and running in a GE-X ROM, and it is performing quite well. Still sorting some details out, and may possibly switch the swinging doors for sliding ones. Sims can have troubles getting stuck on swingers from time to time. I think this map should be enjoyable, and offer a fun new take on an original GE level.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting. Though I do think there should be some variety with the doors since there is only one map that utilizes the swinging doors.

I have a suggestion. Can you possibly bring back the ventilation area of Facility by making players be able to climb up like in the original game? Most especially for those of us who would like to be able to have some fun and go up into the vents for multiplayer.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I may be opening up more space in the vents where you start in the mission (instead of one block, it may be a 3x3 block space), but I am still on the fence about allowing players to climb back in. For one, Rare never intended to let people do this. It was a trick you could pull off, and not everyone could get it to work. Secondly, it will likely cause problems for Simulants, should they attempt to get up inside. You'd have to make the clipping on the toilet force them to duck or crouch, since if they stand while entering the vents, they could possibly get stuck, or even be ejected out of the level due to their views height versus the room bounds height. Some things get complicated between how clipping in PD is handled, and how Sims move around.

Facility and Archives both use swinging doors, and you will find Sims stuck on them from time to time. This new level will have rising doors, as well, which Sims use nicely. But swingers in certain tight areas can be bad for Sim navigation.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will the increased block space be used for the multiplayer level as well? If so, will you test and see if simulants can start their as well and navigate themselves out and open the door in the toilet stall to get into the restroom?

I believe you're right about the toilet having a clip to force simulants to crouch in order to climb up the vent successfully. Human players will have to crouch as well before climbing up as you wouldn't be able to go back inside will standing. I know in PD it is possible to climb a ladder and reach the top landing while crouching for human players.

Can you give an update on how well it all goes?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to put out an update. Sub and I have been spending some time trying to figure out more of the action types in PD. There were a lot of unknowns, and while there still are, we have worked out a decent number recently. This is very important for the future of GoldenEye X's mission campaign. It's possible that certain actions used in GE no longer exist in PD. However, there should be workarounds in most (if not all) cases. It's also worth pointing out that Rare created some interesting and useful new actions in PD, some used for specific levels (such as fully tinting all 2E Glass types during intro cinema scenes in Defection to improve framerate by drawing less on screen at one time, and also setting what enemy category an autogun turret fires at in Deep Sea and the Institute).

I have also began more intensely testing missions. So far progress has been quite good, and I will continue to try and get any kinks out. Both Cooperative and Counter-Operative modes are also being supported, though a bit more knowledge is still required for them. I will post some images in the coming days of where we are at.

And as one more fun bit, the Gameboy Transfer Pak will be supporting a different Gameboy Colour game as an alternate way to unlock a couple of cheats - just like how PD did originally with the Perfect Dark Gameboy Colour game. Of course this will only be useful for those who actually own a Gameboy Transfer Pak, the appropriate GBC game, and an N64 flash cart. Still, was cool to get it going. See if you can guess what game it is. One guess per person!

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it the Game Boy Color version of DKC? lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that little contest ended rather quickly! Razz

I wanted to keep it being a Rareware game, and one that was released around the time of PD GBC. Turns out that Rare's Gameboy programmers were split up to deal with PD and the GBC port of DKC at the same time. Also, both GE and PD have DK Mode cheats, so it's only right. Plus, DKC was one of my favourites on the SNES. Think I got it on release day.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's a great SNES game. I actually had the GBC version as well, so it came to my head kinda quickly. My second guess was going to be Conker's Pocket Tales, but I figured the grit of GE X wasn't too similar to a game of that nature.

But we all know Conker would have his time to shine in Bad Fur Day haha

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW Amazing progress you guys! I know this might sound difficult but is it possible you guys can change up the way players receive the cheats in PD/GE-X? Maybe make the cheats attained with a new twist? Also can you guys be able to at least add civilians and/or scientists on some of the solo campaign levels? Maybe have a simple objective like minimize scientist casualties. Will there be more solo levels with objects and props this time around? Oh yeah and jungle and others need to be clipped so badly. The Gameboy Color unlockables is shocking that you guys got that far!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 7 of 60

Jump to: