ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Moonraker Laser missing Hit Impact sounds *Corrected*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Moonraker Laser missing Hit Impact sounds *Corrected* Reply with quote Back to top

There is an issue I have been noticing lately when comparing to both GE and PD. In GE007, the Moonraker Laser produces hit impact sounds on objects and when hitting a guard/player's body like a normal weapon would. The Watch Laser also produces hit impact sounds on objects but not on characters. In PD/GE-X, the watch laser beam produces hit impact sounds on objects but the Moonraker Laser/Pulse beam does not. I don't know if anyone in the GE-X team knows how to do this yet but is it possible to make the Moonraker Laser produce hit impact sounds on objects and characters like in the original GE game?

It's something that's been bugging me a lot lately.

Last edited by Thundera8589 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting find. It could be something in the weapon setup block, though it may also be hardcoded somewhere. We'll certainly check it out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe SubDrag already found the fix for this, and I'll be checking it out tonight to confirm. It appears to have been a hardcoded ID for the weapon, and not just part of the weapon blocks.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh okay then, I see. Hope to hear that it's been fixed. Please update us on it tonight.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so SubDrag's find affected the impact sound on props (doors, boxes, ammo crates, etc.), and another ID I found inside the same file affected the sound on level background. So now the Moonraker Laser is making proper impact sounds on all three items (BG, props and characters).

Now for the weird thing. With the original GE Watch Laser, it only made noise when connecting with stage architecture. No hit sounds would play when striking a prop or character. For whatever reason, PD kind of does the opposite with it's Laser. It doesn't play impact noises when connecting with the BG or objects within, but does whenever a character is struck. I'm not sure if we can recreate this exactly.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Glad to hear that the Moonraker Laser now has hit impact sounds for it's pulse beam. The Watch Laser I knew about the character's having no impact sounds on the original GE but wasn't too sure how it was in PD. Hopefully this can be looked into and reversed somehow. Thanks for the Moonraker Laser fix. Smile

On a side note: Since you mentioned before you were going to work on putting in the Tazer Boy. I just thought to mention the Taser in GE also has hit impact sounds for props, objects, and characters.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Incorrect Hit Impact sounds for Watch Laser Reply with quote Back to top

How about finding the same files SubDrag did for the Moonraker for the props and give it the information it had before SubDrag corrected it and put that information for the Watch Laser. Then, for the background ID file that you found for the moonraker laser try to find it inside the Watch Laser's weapon setup block and do the same thing you did to it for the moonraker laser that way the Watch Laser can make sounds for the stage architectures only.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right now, I changed it so that the Watch Laser does the same thing as the PD Laser. It only makes noise when hitting a person, and nothing when striking a prop or background. Since at this time we can't have it match the original GE version, it may as well match the closest thing in PD.

I did port the Taser model, and Pavarini has made an equipping and unequipping animation, so your hand holds it correctly. We'll need to create a firing animation that closely matches GE, and set the weapon function data up after. It will disorient people, for sure. Whether or not it disarms, I am not sure yet. That ability can be just one more annoying feature people won't like.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Tazer in TWINE disarned people, but then as you know, Im positivly biased toward the feature.

It might be ok if it was switchable in Editor. I would definatly enable it Smile

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the Watch Laser the way you changed it now, Wreck I believe is for the best way at the moment as you said.

As for the Taser. I just checked the hit impact sounds for it and it's just like the Moonraker Laser. The taser has impacts sounds for characters, doors, props, crates, boxes, and background architecture objects. This way you have the hit impact sounds set correctly from the start.

I have no issue with the disorientation feature being used for the taser. The disarm feature is what I am not too crazy about. Maybe as a secondary function, i don't know. One thing I want to ask about the Taser is will it have that cool animation display with the bond logo on it's screen display?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: