ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

64DD Support on a 64Drive
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that still need to be done is make a simplified way to extract and move files between the save files on the different disks. Almost all use an MFS filesystem, but what makes it slightly tricky is that the different disk types dictate how large the file is, where it is located, and the size of the blocks you're setting the entries into.

There are some blue disks floating around, and of those several have already been dumped but not made public. So far all have been protos or near-finals of existing titles, not counting the Dezaemon ones of course.
Stuff known to exist would be expansions for OoT, Mario Party, and Pocket Monster Stadium, as well as Rev Limit and Mother 3. Rev Limit is a funny one, since it was developed at points for cart, disk, and Aleck64. Cabbage and Cubivore would be huge finds. Don't know of any others that were actually shown in a playable form on disk.

Oh, my name was mentioned once before in a video about Citadel. Should be an anniversary for that hack this year.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a funny territory here where these things cannot last forever, so a great chunk of this is also "historical preservation" in a sense.

As for many of the beta projects - there's a good chance that they're on an old hard drive somewhere that's long since seized up but I guess we could only hope that a word somehow trickles through to those concerned.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On a technichal note whats the difference between Blue and Production Disks.

The SDK says they are not compatable and cannot use a blue in retail consol or visa versa.

Ideally one would love the possibility to run Blue disks (RW) on Retail DD (Built in IPL).

Trev

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure the dev drives run the opposite direction.
End result is that the disks are also formatted differently, accounting for why the blocks in the system region are a different size.

From the software's perspective this isn't a huge issue. You can tell them apart by which LBAs have the actual header info in them, then simply offset all further LBA reads for header+ID info. The only point that complicates things would be at hardware level.

LuigiBlood has been compiling info on the drives in case you're interested. You may also want to look at Happy__'s contributions to the MESS source for the only working 64DD emulator.

The big thing would be to RE the microsequencer. A small block of data is uploaded to it before read, write, and seek presumably to set the ranges and rates for each of these. There's at least a possibility that different values could allow a grey drive to write the full disk range. No better way to preserve magnetic media than with disk cloning ;*)

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just like to say a translated F-Zero XP has just been released. Let me know if there are any bugs. Again, it's a straight cart release so you'll have to procure it yourself.

It's dedicated to the memory of Satoru Iwata, as you'll see from the huge, glaring Easter Egg included in it.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's fantastic! I'll have to check it out!!!

Seriously good work dude Very Happy

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It's dedicated to the memory of Satoru Iwata, as you'll see from the huge, glaring Easter Egg included in it.

.I couldn't find or realise what you're talking about, and I've played the rom for more than 30 hours now, finishing Master and novice with almost all chars. I noticed some big pictures with tilemolester thought ^^

.I don't know if it's a bug, but it seem that sometimes the music from Port Town sound a bit muted compared to other musics.

.Beside this, I can't happen to find the avatar of 32x32 of the racers anymore with Tilemolester as I want to modify this and characters (which are compressed I believe) to include a personal character :

It's a Work in progress ^^.
Need to see how it is displayed on the real hardware before tweaking it or going for something else, eventually. It lacks contrast and some lighting on the side etc, to fit the original characters better.

.Is there something that was done to the rom that could cause some problems with tilemolester ? (I don't see how or why...). It's such a pain to mod using those tools when you came to N64 modding using the Perfect Editor !
Oh and what about Gedecompressor ? I'm actually writting a post on Fzerocentral about it, because I can't seem to use it to decompress NUD-EFZE-JP neither the original F-zero X rom, and Brodier with Climax proved it works with it...

A tool like PerfectEditor for F-zero X would be great as I believe there's lots of thing to do with it to improve graphics (display moar textures), import vehicules (not crap editor already included inside the game) etc...
I'm modeling a car, that I hope I could import into the F-zero X someday that will look something like that, inspired from a F40.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, that car looks good.

I wasnt sure what the easter egg was, I might be blind Razz

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: