ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

REVIVAL!!! N64, opened and such. (expanded and edited, pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: REVIVAL!!! N64, opened and such. (expanded and edited, pics Reply with quote Back to top

day one, think of buying a gamebit
day two, tried to make my own gamebit

several days later, i randomly opened my N64. yay. over clocking and paint is the plan.

-EDIT-

okay, who had some of those mini bmx toys? well i did. the plastic hex key on them worked fine for a few screws. i got my n64 opened, pulled back the right pins, got some wire. now i just need to solder(for overclocking). i am thinking of painting my n64 a gloss black, with the flaps, controller ports, and whatever i want lighted green. all white controller? why not. the sky is the limit.

any other ideas? i was gonna make it fully regional, so i can play japanese games too. post ideas!!!!

Last edited by zerojett on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, the pics are at http://ca.geocities.com/mikelwnrt/n64

ah yeah.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

screwed the overclocking, i broke a pin. off to the pawn shop.

this time, i will not overclock it, just paint and lights. how will i open the case? smashing it on the ground. im mad.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dood that is savage. Another N64 bites the dust? My GE cart bit the dust via a foot tripping over the gameshark. Sad really sad. I'm confused though, you are overclocking the N64 but it no longer works?

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. i had to pry up a pin on the processor, and geocities is down so dont bother looking at the pics for referece, and i broke the pin. so now, i cant solder it back. i gotta buy a new n64 for $20.

how ironic, my last GE game died due to tripping over the gameshark. it sucks, eh? i got one from my cousin, and a GS from my friend.

Coons
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's because your a bitch, Mike.

Very Happy

Haha.... That sucks about the 64... Same reason I didn't want to mod my 64...

But maybe my genesis.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool avatar coons. Really man, you did the same thing to your GE cart? It's a real bugger sticking up from the console when it's in the Gameshark. It still haven't paid my cousin for the GE cart that I've been using. Actually I'm surprised that we haven't kick the Gameshark in the past with the constant seat changing over the years playing GE.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

saturday... i am gonna pick up an N64, gameshark, paint, and lights. this new N64 is gonna be opened the fun way. and i am putting a fan in it... a green illuminated one!

Coons
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zerojett wrote:
saturday... i am gonna pick up an N64, gameshark, paint, and lights. this new N64 is gonna be opened the fun way. and i am putting a fan in it... a green illuminated one!

Count me in.

I'll help.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's go Zero, let's create and I hope everyone will enjoy your new N64.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy ill make a video of me opening it! mitre saw? why not...

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Should I mention I hit a goldmine of a N64. I went to my local pawnshop and found one in pretty good condition from what it looks like. I first went for controllers, and this baby had four of them. The transparent cool kind of black, green, purple and a standard gray one that all seem to work.

Was this lucky for only 15$? Antiquewise maybe, I guess the people were adults who took care of their stuff and realize the Wii is coming out making this obsolete. But I couldn't pass at this opportunity.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am looking for a green transparent one... so maybe ill get lucky too! hopefully. there is like 100 in town

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... i am a **** genius... i can move the square heatsinks! aww yeah... easy access... still gonna buy a new n64 just cuz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: