ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Train Multi - In The Works...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Train Multi - In The Works... Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently in the process of designing a multiplayer setup file for the Train. It'll include all of the essential multi stuff, plus some extras. The doors and glass will be there, as well as the maintainence hatch to prevent players from going outside. There will also be a few boxes and crates in the first two cars to fill out the area. I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking of putting in the brake units, too. They aren't necessary, no. However, they'd add to the look of the stage. I'm only very early into it, so things are bound to change.

Here's the basics...
5-8 Respawns (not sure yet)
8 Weapon Sets (divided throughout the cars)
2 Body Armours (one at each end)

If you have any suggestions, spill 'em.
I'm interested in hearing what fans of the game would like to see.
Afterall, it'll be you guys playing the map. Wink

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Hmmm, suggestions? Somehow this came right off the top of my head, not really important, but you could make it alittle interesting with those blue rocket racks(Beta), make em explosive, maybe put em on the cabin walls. Since you are putting objects in there anyway Very Happy .

I gotta check into hacking up these maps more, recently, I havent had the time. Quick Question! What do you think is the best way of grabbing coordinates? Confused

Oh, and of course, you gotta have something in one of the bathrooms ...

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You must decide on the crates as explosive or not. When you hide behind them, the explosives could blow in your face and nons are good protection. I want nons because explosives would all disappear eventually.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of making most of the wooden crates explosive, with two indestructible metal ones stacked on top of eachother. It's fun to make them blow up when an opponent is near them, but it's also great to use them for cover. You can't stack them if they are going to be destroyed, otherwise the one on top will will come crashing down inside of the bottom one. Another problem with them exploding is that they'll move around, regenerating back in their new positions. This can cause blockages in the tight cars. You don't want to get stuck in an area because a box has cut off your escape route.

The Train multi has to feel appropriate. Rare didn't stick exotic objects into their setups, so I'd like to follow their lead. There will definitely be boxes and crates, that's for sure. What I'm not sure of is their layout.

I'll explain the easiest way to get coordinates in another thread soon. Smile

wing matsunaga
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cool. glad to hear about this. been looking forward to something like this for a while.
but i think it might be good to be able to enter and exit the train?

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wing matsunaga wrote:
cool. glad to hear about this. been looking forward to something like this for a while.
but i think it might be good to be able to enter and exit the train?

It's too easy if you're the first person out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been thinking about this since you posted it. This will be so cool with the crates! Personally I can't get enough of breaking glass and exploding crates. Double stacks for the first time? Sweet. One more month and I can game again for real!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is great, you guys keep handing out ideas. Very Happy
As far as being able to play outside of the train, I wouldn't want to include that area in multiplayer. Not only because it's a very long and linear walkway that ends in blackness, but like Clown pointed out, the first person to exit the train could just stand and wait for the next guy to come rushing out from the maintainence hatch. One thing I disliked about the Bunker ii in multi, was the fact that they allowed you to venture out onto the Surface helipad. Sure, it sounds cool enough, but not when you have a huge void where the rest of the stage should be. That's the reason why I locked it off in Bunker i.

I did have a bunch of stacked crates in The Quad for protection on the balconies. They have to be indestructible, otherwise they'll end up regenerating inside of eachother. Not only does that look horrible, it defeats the purpose of having them stacked in the first place.

The regular wooden crates used in the Train cause next to no damage. To put it in perspective (on Normal, +0), the wooden crates take away between less than one to three bars of health when you run at it head on (staying in one place) while firing at it until it blows up, causing you to step back, then run over it. If you do the same thing to a metal crate in Archives, you'll lose two to five bars. That's a massive difference maker. Depending on how the Train will look with them, I might use those instead. This not only makes them more dangerous, it also follows the path that Rare carved out. I'll have to decide whether or not to have them as protection or threat. What do you think?

There is no sound sweeter in GoldenEye than the shattering of glass! Razz

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you can put the hidden rcp-90 in the crate at the end of the first car

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An extra hidden weapon in a multiplayer? Razz
It was a great help in the mission, but it wouldn't be as fair in multi. Besides, the RC-P90 is only available on Agent mode, while a DD44 Dostovei is there on Secret Agent.

I'm thinking more and more about keeping them as protection, rather than explosives. That way you wouldn't need to worry about them regenerating in an awkward position, blocking your way through the cars. Also, I could include more and be able to stack them. This is probably what I'll end up doing.

If you have anything else in mind, shoot. Smile

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, you can't embed objects in multiplayer, even Rom side.

Are you using the uploader for this? Otherwise, that seems like an awful lot of codes.

BTW, next time I'm on here, I absolutely must show you this neat little trick for making GS stages selectable like any other stage, so long as they are at the top of the code list. It's as easy as hacking your Shark!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using the Uploader, which would be the only way to play it on console - or so I would assume. It's on the backburner right now, but I'll be working on some more very soon. I just finished off a new version of the Bunker i multi, in the form of a setup file. It's pretty much the same as the original version, but with a bunch of extras. I was going to get GE Master to test it out when he's off from school. Had to remake all of the coordinates for the presets, since the files use the unexpanded (or whatever you would call it) x, y, and z positioning data. Kind of interesting how the whole Plink data works, too. I've been figuring some new stuff out, so everyone should expect to see some new levels coming up. Smile

And you'll definitely have to show me that, Zoink.
Plus, I'd love to get the Uploader that overwrites BAADF00D automatically!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: re: Train Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious whether or not you gave up on this level or if it might still be finished some day.

And re: explosive boxes/crates - As I figured out in making the science lab level, you can stack explosive crates on top of each other just so long as you make them immobile. They will still blow up and regenerate, but they regenerate in their original locations so they don't move around and threaten blockage.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can honestly say, that the train is a wicked multiplayer level. It really is. All shotguns, explosives, it's awesome. I hope Wreck or you takes it on with the objects. Trust me, it's worth it and plays great in 4 players too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When the time comes for me to get back on the Train, it definitely won't be a GameShark code that you can use on your console. Uploading the setup to your N64 would be the only way to play it on the system. A ROM patch would be the main attraction. After all, you'd never be able to get all of those doors into the stage by using another setup file. And even if you could, that'd take far too many lines for a cheating device to handle.

You can stack crates and make them stay in their original positions, keeping them from falling through to the floor. However, I personally think that it looks quite ridiculous. The bottom crate could be completely destroyed, leaving the top crate floating in mid air. It does work, I'll agree to that, but it looks too tacky for my taste.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: