ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

7 (oops, I mean 8 ) years..actually, make that 13 years
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: 7 (oops, I mean 8 ) years..actually, make that 13 years Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, can't believe I've been posting on here for almost 7 years now (I see the oldest members have already passed the 7-year mark).

There aren't many hacking communities that have been around for that long.

Last edited by bmw on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats bmw!
But wouldn't it be 8 years in a few days? He, he.

What I find amazing about this community is that after all these years we are still discovering new things about GE and PD, not because we got stuck at some point, but because there's a lot to find out and people never gets tired!
Of course, new discoveries translate into a more powerful editor and better hacks, so I can't help but to get excited about that.

No doubt we'll still be here in another 7/8 years. Razz

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All based on dedication, imagination, and the ability to willingly suspend your disbelief.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not only have there not been many communities that have lasted this long, think about the ones pertaining to N64 hacking (Perfect Dark/Goldeneye) - us. This is one of the only forums left. 8 years is quite the mile marker.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh I guess you're right - that would be 8 years now.

That number is quickly approaching a number equal to almost half of the time that the internet has been around (I consider that year to be 1996 as far as mainstream existence)

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What gets people is I've discovered strategy tricks without the net. But it's always nice to have another perspective on things without the cookie cutting speel.

No matter what though at some point you owe someone besides yourself. Embarassed

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't even imagine we'd all still be doing this in another eight years, but I probably thought the same thing eight years ago. Razz

Glad to still have you with us, BMW.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone miss the essential wreck of the forum? If there is one, I noticed some attacks while peering over awhile ago.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ten years. Many of us have now been around these parts for 10 WHOLE YEARS.

Just to put that into perspective, only 9 years had passed from Goldeneye's release in 1997 until our memberships here.

Anyways, a full decade membership to any online community deserves mention.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, only another 4 to catch up with you, hahaha

Although, I would start my online presence with The Rare Witch Project in march 2005.

wow, speaking of RWP,
You last visited: 5th June 2011 at 02:55 PM

Yeah... I sorta rapidly migrated from there to here and then forgot about rwp.

Funny, I noticed the site is all black and white with a tinge of orange, but when I signed in, I got my familular green Smile

Im sure we will be active in years to come. Its not just about hacking, we have projects here too.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's impressive that a game can keep people around that long. Of course, not everyone has stuck here, but there are definitely some dedicated members who have. Here's to another decade? Hey, you just never know!

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been here for 7 years, not quite as long as you guys, but time flies!
I don't post here often but I check the forums every single day.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been a member since 24 Nov 2005 and fifth to join. That's crazy long.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I joined probably closer to Trevor here at Shooters. I don't participate often as my days of ROM hacking are long over but I still like to read about new advancements in hacking software, or more specifically the setup editor. I occassionally indulge in messing around in the Setup Editor every once in a while. I think one of my biggest contributions was one that was indirect and not many know about -- helping SubDrag with the Jet Force Gemini Setup Editor. I found that quite fun and enjoyed finding new things about the game.

I remember the excitement contained inside of me discovering this place. Emulators, Cheats, Hacks. Hacking Perfect Dark for the first time was a really wonderful experience, as a younger lad the game always left me with questions such as "I wonder what is behind this door?" amongst various thoughts. With that, hacking the game exposed the answers, the solutions. Wonderful thing.

I've definitely matured as an individual, starting off as a young (perhaps immature and naive) teenager, which is evident in some of my earlier posts especially regarding vernacular, to a full blown adult.

I'm glad to have stuck around. (Fun fact: tomorrow will mark 6 years.)

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
I'm glad to have stuck around.

Same here. I still lurk here and check it pretty much every day, I like to see the updates even if I can't really spend the time to actually use them. It's been 6 years for me, probably a bit longer since I think I had another account at the time which no longer exists. Who knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: