ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Xbox Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eastonside
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Xbox Live Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there veterans.

I am a huge fan of Perfect Dark and I played it since when it came out. Too bad I actually NEVER could play with someone else, as none of my friends liked the game and online was not possible.

However with the new XBLA version, which is awesome if you put Legacy on Razz you can indeed play online!! Only problem is. Never is there any dude or girl online.

Maybe some of you wants to play sometime? I would be so happy seriously, haha I used to dream of playing with other people. Too bad I left with DarkSims Sad

Greets!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be a close knitted PD XBLA community which I was involved in years ago, it's no surprise to me that everyone has seemingly moved on.

Eastonside
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is too bad man. Why is that then?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm inclined to just think it wasn't a very popular release. Looking at the leaderboard it certainly was at one point but the popularity didn't last. When I registered there were 60,000 other people who had downloaded the game. I wonder what it's at now? My Xbox is long gone at this point.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played a lot at release but was always annoyed by the aiming.
Even after the update, and with aiming sensibility put to zero, it is still impossible to aim correctly. They totally **** up with that.

Now, I still want to play it from time to time, but to subscribe for it is a bit too much asked, sadly.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If we could mod it, I'd be all over it. First I'd have to buy an Xbox, though. Totally worth it if we could slowly integrate GoldenEye X into it. Prettying it up with higher resolution textures is just icing on the cake, but something that would take the project to an entirely new height.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience straight conversions have usually been pretty forgiving, with some games leaving files unpacked and in directories. That'd be a real blessing if it were!

Eastonside
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess nobody wants to play co op with me Sad

But this Goldeneye X looks **** great. How do I play it?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Part of the problem with PD XBLA was that it was released bugged, glitched, and the controls weren't set up well and weren't too configurable. It was a while before a patch was released, and even then it only fixed most, not all, of the problems, and by then many players had given up.

It was a big seller on XBL, initially, but the flawed state of the release version put many people off. A real pity, as it's mostly a great port, though some of the graphical changes were for the worse I thought (not worse graphically, but worse atmospherically, if you see what I mean). I'm still really glad it came out on the XBox 360, and it's never coming off my 360's hard drive in case I ever want to play it, but I only play the N64 version as overall I slightly prefer that one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eastonside: You can download GoldenEye X from the GoldenEye Vault website. You'll also need the GoldenEye / Perfect Dark Editor to apply the patch to your Perfect Dark v1.1 NTSC ROM. If playing on an emulator, make sure to update the ROM settings to improve performance. There should be notes about all that stuff in the zip file when you download it. I think somebody made a tutorial on how to patch the ROM on YouTube, as well. If you need any more help, feel free to ask.

Eastonside
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool thanks Wreck, will try that sometime.

I agree that the atmosphere sometimes is different, but it also showed me a lot more with the hd textures. I actually like it. What I do not like is the new Mr blond, n64 is so much more bad ass. Now it looks like a blonde brad pitt. Same goes for Trent, he was much cooler in N64. But overall, I really like the graphics and the smooth gameplay in the first level. BUT, what do you mean controls? I never really had problems, espacially when you put it on Legacy.

So you can actually play online aswell that Goldeneye X?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, with Mupen64 you can play with or against people online. You just need to make sure that the ini configuration file in your main Mupen directory has been updated. There should be a replacement file on the GoldenEye Vault website. Without the update, you can't play online, or use the "GamePak" to save your progress. Very important thing to update, indeed.

Think you need the Mupen 64++ Beta version of the emulator for best performance online. Should be available on the GoldenEye Online site.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eastonside wrote:
BUT, what do you mean controls? I never really had problems, espacially when you put it on Legacy.

Manual aiming doesn't has the same feeling at all than on N64.
The feeling is so much different. I hardly can't aim anything with it on xbox, while on N64, it feels a lot more natural.

nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello. i know im a year late but i have perfect dark for mupen or xbla if you would like to play.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: