ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

WIP: Nuclear facility
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: WIP: Nuclear facility Reply with quote Back to top

I've been lurking around for some time and finally realized adblock was making signing up a pain in the ass. Anyways, here is a screenshot from my current project:

It's pretty balanced on each difficulty. Agent has no drone guns, Secret Agent makes some show up, while swapping some cameras for drone guns/vice versa. 00 Agent reverses those swaps to make beating the level possible, and 007 is everthing thrown at you. The whole idea behind this was to build a stage that could be tougher than Aztec. I'm working on the Dam as well, which will lead to the Facility, just like before, and Runway will be the finale.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Harder than Aztec? You might find more than a few people cringing at that idea. But I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this set of levels.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The cameras and drone guns are what really makes it harder on higher difficulties. agent has cameras, no drone guns. The cameras take a stupid amount of time to react to you standing there in front of it. secret agent begins adding some drone guns while removing a few cameras that become obstructed by said drone guns. 00 agent loads all drone guns while having the same cameras as secret agent, and 007 is everything together.

the objectives go like this:
A: Plant bug in inner security room
B: Plant Plastique on missle
C: Plant bug in outer security room
D: Photograph experiments
E: Minimize scientist casualties.

When the alarm goes off Facility's X track begins playing and
INTRUDER ALERT! ELIMINATE THREAT! appears at the top of the screen just before calling lots of KF7 guards.

The dam won't have cameras, but normal alarms like before, but jungle's drone guns might get used. This whole project is super action block intensive. I've messed with them before on some BS test missions I made, but never used them on this scale before. I really hope this doesn't spook too many people because the whole thing is about the challenge. And adding Citadel to multi because Zoinkity's setup is the bee's knees IMO.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for double posting but I've decided to upload an early patch.
https://sites.google.com/site/chowmeinsgoldeneyelab/home/downloads/Major%20GE%20hack%20beta%20v1.0.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
I comes with a readme that explains what's been done so far, and it's an xdelta patch.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Harder than Aztec? You might find more than a few people cringing at that idea. But I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this set of levels.

Haha. /signed.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More progress! Dam is finished, Facility is finished, and Runway is finished.
I'm currently polishing a few things in my levels. I'm removing the last two cameras in Facility because there's enough of them already.

Screens:
Dam objectives:

Facility objectives:

Runway objectives:

level screens:

These missions center around Bond taking down some terrorist organisation, starting with their weapon factory. I might make this into a series. There is also timer on Runway, when the mission starts Bond "remotely sets the bomb he planted inside" and the timer counts down. You must beat the mission within two minutes or BOOM happens.
The truck in Dam now travels across the dam, and becomes necessary to prevent an alarm from going off because you need to hide from some guards. The truck also appears in Runway "picking up cargo and leaving" and makes for a nice meat shield since alarm goes off at the mission's start(continuing from previous mission). I'm aiming for continuity. The trucks in Dam and Runway are the same truck, exept he's leaving by the time you reach the runway to return to the dam.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"exept he's leaving by the time you reach the runway to return to the dam"

Let me guess, through the tunnel where the tank is?

Ive always wanted to extend runway in there, I may do someday.

Trev

nakata6790
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks very interesting, good work!
Will there be an updated patch (with the facility & runway levels included)?

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love the concepts. I'm a huge fan of the "continuity" idea and was doing the same thing for the batch of levels I'm working on.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there should be a patch sometime this week. It'll feature dam facility and runway, and a WIP frigate.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cool.- think it gona rock
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've finished Dam, Facility, and Runway. I've made a new patch that includes a WIP frigate mission. That mission is nearly complete, and i've begun working on train next. I've rearranged most of the missions in the game as well.

New level select(missions not renamed yet):

Frigate AKA Destroyer screens:

The patch:
https://sites.google.com/site/chowmeinsgoldeneyelab/home/downloads/Major%20hack%20v1.2.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

I've started working on train a bit. I'm working on an action block that makes the train guards(innocent dudes) ignore you unless you pull out a gun early in the mission with them seeing you do it, or if you shoot them.

I've pretty much decided i'm going for a full hack of EVERY LEVEL IN THE GAME. I have started digging into the inner bowels of Goldeneye with this hack. Oh, and citadel isn't in this newer patch. I've redone my ROM so it's not in there right now. BTW I've decided to add a wee bit of humor to some of the briefings. Frigate's my favorite right now, and that I can't spoil. Yet. So far I've managed to destroy about 22 GE ROMs just tinkering with them so I can add more to this hack.

nakata6790
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice! Gonna try this out asap!

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad to see people trying out my hack. I've been working a bit on my site as well. It contains a summary of my hack's plot. The new patch I released doesn't include the new level select yet. You'll see it in the next patch hopefully, when a few more stages have been added.
Off topic, my site has a section where I write articles about the game based on things that happen. So far I've only got a story on Citadel because of a rather cool match I played. It links back to Goldeneyevault's news page and it has a direct link to Zoinkity's Citadel.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've made another patch, this time with finished level select. You can play dam, facility, runway, and frigate. Frigate lacks an ending at the moment, but i'll be adding one in. Train has text but lacks a briefing right now because I haven't started the objectives on it yet. The destroyer text might run into train's slot with the R butting up next to train's name. It just barely fits.

Screen:

Here's the latest patch:
https://sites.google.com/site/chowmeinsgoldeneyelab/home/downloads/Major%20hack%20v1.3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: