ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

TWINE N64 Hack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: TWINE N64 Hack Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know of a The World Is Not Enough hack that makes all the multiplayer characters evil? I've always hated that you can't fight two "good" characters against each other.. Pretty silly of you ask me. The gameshark on the everdrive won't accept the "make all characters evil" code because one of the codes start with a 5.

Last edited by killedbyurmom on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you can post the code you have, one of us may be able to modify it. The codes that start with a 5 don't do anything on their own, but directly affects the 8 code following it. It basically allows the user to use only two lines, instead of many more, by repeating the code again and again, while adding to the memory address each time. Can be quite handy in shortening codelists.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

50005C0C 0000
800BF687 0081

This is the "all skins and everyone is evil" code
They had an enable code as

F10A9240 2400
F10A6804 1000

I'm not sure If the everdrive needs an enable code or not, though.

Thanks a bunch! I'd appreciate any help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, as it has been awhile since I last played with GS codes. The repeater code adds 0C onto the address of 800BF687 a total of 5C (92!) times. So the second line would be 800BF693 0081. Then the third 800BF69F 0081, etc. All the way up to 800BFAD7 0081. You can use a calculator on a computer in Hex mode to easily add 0C to each line. Though this code type should be supported by the flash cart, really.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck! I guess I'll have to stick to using the original game and gameshark because, sadly, Everdrive64 is limited. I agree the 5000 codes should be supported. Cmon Krikzz get with it. Haha jk

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ED64's Gameshark emulation is supposed to work with all codes, I'm sure (it's only limitation, as far as I know is that it does not emulate the Gameshark's physical button). You do have an expansion pak, don't you, as I know that the ED64's 'Gameshark' needs an expansion pak.

You should post about the problem in the official ED64 forum:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

Anyway, Krikzz didn't write the Gameshark emulation software, it was Parasyte and Modman, and they allowed Krikzz and Saturnu (who wrote the Alternative AltOS) to use it in their operating system files.

Edit: I forgot to say, I too dislike the good-can't-fight-good deathmatch rule in TWINE. To be fair to the authors of TWINE, though, it was MGM who forced this stupid rule upon them (along with the lack of cheats, as MGM said that they didn't want Bond associated with cheating).

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hence another reason why rare didnt do TND. Although, Hollis never said that MGM requested anything different from rare.

It could be that MGM made the decision after rare was out of the loop.

Trev

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow way to go MGM for that silly rule. Let's ask James Bond what he thinks about us cheating. Oh wait, he's a fictitious character. Lol. TWINE is the only Goldeneye like multiplayer game on n64 I can get my wife to play because "you start with a gun". Its a good game though. Doesn't get a lot of press like it should.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can add a gun to the intro block of any multiplayer setup file in GoldenEye to let players start with a weapon after each spawn. So you could add, say a PP7 to every multi level, and load it up on your ED64.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you set a weapon into the intro block you also need to set a slappers entry. Otherwise, slappers will not be available on respawn. Also, might be a good idea to add some ammo as well ;*)

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Hence another reason why rare didnt do TND. Although, Hollis never said that MGM requested anything different from rare.

It could be that MGM made the decision after rare was out of the loop.

Trev

To quote from my post at http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5921 (because it's easier than trusting my memory!) :

"Two of it's [the game TWINE] developers, called Skeleton, and Dr Zhivago, used to post on the Gamefaqs.com TWINE board, and they told us some interesting facts. What I remember is that, before Goldeneye, Bond games weren't too popular (as they were mostly rubbish), so when Goldeneye went stellar, and was the game EVERYONE loved, the James Bond license for computer games shot up in value. So when Rare bought the license for Goldeneye, they didn't play much relatively speaking (I don't know how much, and it was Nintendo who paid it) and for that they got the rights to use everthing connected with Bond and the film Goldeneye, except for the character Jack Wade, who MGM don't own the cpyright to - which is why Wade doesn't appear in the Goldeneye game but lots of non-Goldeneye characters do, such as Oddjob, Jaws, and Mayday.

But after Goldeneye, interest in Bond games increased massively, so when Eurocom wanted to buy the license to make a game based on The World is Not Enough, MGM not only demanded more money, but wanted money for each separate bit of Bond related stuff, which is why TWINE does not have either the traditional Bond opening (Bond walking on and shooting the camera), or the traditional Bond music, as MGM wouldn't let them use these unless Eurocom paid even more money.

Also, MGM were much more careful of the Bond license now that it was worth so much, so unlike with Goldeneye, where they had basically not said much about what should be in the game, with TWINE MGM said Bond could not cheat (so Eurocom couldn't include any cheats), no blood, and good characters could not fight good (so no good vs good in multiplayer, which if you ask me is just stupid - people should be allowed to play who they like). Also, Q doesn't appear in the multiplayer, as the actor who played him died whilst the game was being made, I can't remember if his removal from the game was decided by MGM or Eurocom. His player model does still exist in the game, though, and you can play as him, but only by using a Gameshark or other cheat device.

Obligatory legal notice: The above is from memory only, and might be wrong in any particular, so neither Eurocom, Skeleton, or Dr Zhivago are responsible if I've remembered anything wrong or confused it with something else.
"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only thing about adding a gun and ammo to intro block, is it kind of kills Slappers Only! and Throwing Knives, by giving a gun to otherwise gunless sets. Guess you could use the honour system, but then you need to put the weapon away as sson as you respawn, which could cost valuable time.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could an xdelta or ips patch be made for the TWINE rom, such as GoldenEye X, that would make all the characters evil and available for multiplayer?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Off your current topic question, but in response to my above post. I think you could add a pistol to the intro block as the second item. If you had Unarmed as the first, you should begin with nothing equipped. That way, you need to press A (on the N64 controller) in order to equip the gun. No spawning with a gun out. Well, I think that's how it works. Would also need some ammo assigned. Maybe two full clips (one loaded, one extra).

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to ask if they know any code to unlock the Golden-Gun in any game mode? Someone has made codes to play levels alone in multiplayer mode? And by the way although I am not totally sure, I think that in the past I saw some codes that allow to have mirror arms in the left hand or double arms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: