ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Changing mission groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Changing mission groups Reply with quote Back to top

I'll use my hack for example. Frigate and train are now in surface/bunker 1's slots. when you open the briefing it says both are in severnaya. Now neither of my missions take place there, or even anywhere near each other.
The ship is somewhere in the atlantic, train in new york. Would there be a possible way to modify this, or did i overlook something? I've been trying to figure this out for a while now.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you check out the briefing file? That's a separate file, not part of setup, that needs to match.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup i checked it.
It's not showing anything about it though.

If I could change it to say

Mission 2: Atlanic
Part 1: Destroyer

and

Mission 3: New York
Part 1: Train

that would be cool. I've got a few briefings done, but I haven't come across anything yet in regards to changing the whole *mission 2: insert something here* thing. The rest I have covered in the briefing though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You use the text editor to edit the text, use it in the briefing file you create/export, then inject both in 21990.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That stuff is handled inside the 21990 file itself, and needs to be adjusted manually to suit your needs. There is only so much space in the table Rare created for the missions, and you can't go outside of it (unless we could change the location to somewhere else with more room). You may want to make sure you only have a max of 9 "missions", like in the original. How you distribute the "parts" is up to you.

I am sure one of us here can help update your ROM once you get to the point where it is necessary.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, cool. that works. I may not quite have as much as nine missions, but once I get to that point, i'll send what I got.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, normally we say there are 20 missions in GoldenEye, but there are really only 9. Each mission is broken up into parts (like Runway is mission one, part three). So you can have all twenty levels in use, but you would want to keep them all within nine missions. Just wanted to make sure that was clear, as it could get confusing.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, I got it. I know train, depot, streets, and library will be taking place in the same general area, silo and aztec are together as well, and i'm still working out a few more details. I appreciate the help. This hack is going very nicely at the moment, 6 levels down, 14 left to go on solo, and multiplayer isn't complete yet, actually very untouched.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: