ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow the vent spawn point looks big enough to fit a team of sims! They should not have any trouble getting out of there now! The spawn area does need a bit of blueish tint to it. I love how you put another grate at the other end of the escape route. It looks better than some open hole in the ceiling of the hallway. I like it.

If the issue with the watch is that most hand models are too large for them, maybe if it's possible try extending the length of the watch to make it bigger. My guess is the watch model is too small, right.

As for the remote detonator, once you find a solution for the watch laser hand rigs maybe that can be used for it.

If the remote mine cannot be added as a separate weapon (which probably means it would need to be selected on the weapon list along with the remote mine, right?) then let it function the way it currently does but remove the remote detonator on the left hand and leave the remote mine by itself and have the detonator weapon model pop up when you choose the secondary function for the remote mines. At least like that it would feel different but still tied-in with the remote mines' ID.

Motorcycle looks good in those pictures. Probably you can add rockets right next to it's location in Runway? Just an idea.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive work, as always!

One thing I'll never understand about projects like yours (i.e. lots of hard work, lots of time spent on painstaking research, very impressive results, etc), is that the creators or those otherwise involved in the creation of the original article never seem to get in touch to discuss things and talk about the changes that people like you make to the original games.

I mean, if I'd been part of Rare and had worked on Goldeneye, then when I learned of Goldeneye X, and saw that it wasn't just a casual hack that would be abandoned in five minutes, then I'd get in touch to say 'Hello', tell you how impressive I thought your work was, and maybe offer you some unofficial information based on my knowledge of the game engine and data structure and whatever. Yet I can't remember hearing even once that a games author/designer/etc got in touch to offer help or advice on a modding project, and games have been modded since the mid 1980s (on the ZX Spectrum, for example, the games Manic Miner, and Jetset Willy, have lots of mods, and the games were released in 1983 and 1984 respectively).

I suppose that in many cases game authors don't think it's wise to do this in case it violates a contract, or might look unprofessional to a future employer, or whatever. It's still a pity, though.

And I do wish that games companies would release the games source codes after a number of years. id Software have done this, and 3D Realms, and a couple of other software houses, but sadly not Rare. And since they're owned by Microsoft now, the likelihood had dropped even further.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

these extended ventilation ducts were created for solo missions or Virtual Reality? and this means that there are two maps Facility, one for and one for misisiones Virtual Reality with larger conduits? I would seem to me very well that are accessible only to Virtual Reality and Co-Op. Co-Op not look good to the starting point of the second player. however single player missions do not like to have these available channels, although it is also true that if they were accessible Facility would play in a new way as it was designed in the beginning for GE.

I really like the look of the acutal Motobike. Wreck and you want ideas to improve their aesthetic appearance, which would seem to apply to Motobike textures camouflage some guards?

although Motobike is an alternative, going to be taking very much the Tank, I remember a few months ago or nearly one year was talking about breakthroughs that would allow to make work Tank in PD, even if not with absolute exactitude, I would like to see GEX ever, though not behave exactly like GE. I hope that someday succeed in doing work at the Tank, as well as one day I got myself some weapons of GE, and the amazing work of the "doors iris" in Caverns, those days seemed impossible a myth that broke. I want to give encouragement to the whole team GEX order to overcome a myth once again.

Thundera8589:
I always thought that the hand models in PD are much larger than in GE, so I think it would have to reduce the size of the hands rather than the size of the watch or weapons. yet they are still seen hands a little big for some weapons of GE and I think this will continue to noticing. With this in mind it does not know why the team did not forget the hand model of PD, to carry the GE.

anyway if as Wreck says, Pavarini is the man working at the animation team GEX, maybe you can get an adaptation of the hand of the clock through an appropriate animation. ie if the work serves to visually animations refills weapons, I think in this aspect can be useful.

what I want most right now is that the team GEX Dam can say that the level is completed and you can start working and be released soon so that the player can wander through the level. I sometimes get the feeling that it will not release a patch missions until the Dam level is not ready. this level must be a real headache, so I wish them luck at GEX equipment.

SPANISH:

estos conductos de ventilacion ampliados han sido creados para las misiones en solitario o para Virtual Reality? y esto quiere decir que hay dos mapas Facility, uno para las misisiones y otro para Virtual Reality con los conductos de mayor tamaño? a mi me pareceria muy bien que esten accesibles solo para Virtual Reality y en Co-Op. en Co-Op lo veo bien para hacer el punto de inicio del segundo jugador. sin embargo para un solo jugador en las misiones no me gustaria tener esos conductos accesibles, aunque tambien es cierto que si fueran accesibles jugariamos Facility en una nueva forma de como estaba diseñado en sus inicios para GE.

Me gusta mucho el acutal aspecto de la Motobike. Wreck ya que usted quiere ideas para mejorar su aspecto estetico, que le pareceria aplicar a la Motobike las texturas de camuflaje de algunos guardias ?

aunque la Motobike es una alternativa,voy a hechar mucho de menos el Tank, recuerdo hace algunos meses o casi un año se estuvo hablando sobre grandes avances que permitirian poder hacer trabajar Tank en PD , aunque no fuera con la exactidud absoluta , me gustaria verlo alguna vez en GEX, aunque no se comportara exactamente como en GE. tengo la esperanza de que algun dia lograran hacerlo trabajar al Tank , asi como se consiguio un dia con algunas armas de GE, y el sorprendente trabajo de las "puertas iris" en Caverns, aquellos dias se rompio un mito que parecia imposible. quiero darle animos a todo el equipo de GEX para lograr la superacion de un mito una vez mas.

Thundera8589:
siempre pense que los modelos de la mano en PD son mucho mas grandes que en GE, por lo tanto pienso que habria que reducir el tamaño de las manos en lugar del tamaño del reloj o las armas. todavia se siguen viendo las manos un poco grandes , para algunas armas de GE y creo que esto lo seguiremos notando. teniendo esto en cuenta no se por que el equipo no olvido el modelo de la mano de PD, para poder portar el de GE.

de todas formas si como dice Wreck, Pavarini es el hombre que trabaja en las animaciones en el equipo de GEX, tal vez se pueda conseguir una adaptacion de la mano del reloj a traves de una adecuada animacion. es decir si el trabajar en las animaciones sirve visualmente para las recargas de las armas, creo que en este aspecto puede ser util.

lo que mas deseo en estos momentos es que el equipo de GEX pueda decir que el nivel Dam esta terminado y que puede empezar a trabajar y se liberara pronto para que el jugador pueda pasear por el nivel. a veces me da la sensacion de que no se va a soltar un parche con misiones hasta que el nivel Dam no este listo. este nivel debe de ser un verdadero quebradero de cabeza, asi que les deseo mucha suerte al equipo GEX.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is not just the hand size, its the different hands.
All Hands would have to match up to get the watch working.

I actually like the way it is now. Why waist a slot?

I love the motorbike with the black seat. White made it look like it was un-finished.

I love the grate on the ceiling.

While Im not taken by the visual appearance of the 3x3 shaft, I do understand the nessesity of it. Im impressed with the UV seamlessness Smile

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
I actually like the way it is now. Why waist a slot?

Thundera8589 wrote:
]If the remote mine cannot be added as a separate weapon (which probably means it would need to be selected on the weapon list along with the remote mine, right?) then let it function the way it currently does but remove the remote detonator on the left hand and leave the remote mine by itself and have the detonator weapon model pop up when you choose the secondary function for the remote mines. At least like that it would feel different but still tied-in with the remote mines' ID.
That's my proposal. It wouldn't use a slot.

Edit: This is what I mean click here

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for getting back Wreck, I hope that someday the editor gets advanced enough to allow for a return of the tank but until then I think this is going to make for a fantastic update!

I also had another small question, with the revival of the two beta maps is there anyway you can add or create mission objectives and add them as bonus Singleplayer maps? I know this idea is quite far fetched but it would put them to use in more then one way.

Thanks again for everything you guys are doing and am really looking forward to a new release down the road! "For Goldeneye James!"

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any updates? Just curious =)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, been away at my brothers for well over a week now. When I get back home, I will post some pics of Facility lighting, and perhaps another mission in the works.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious...how are the hit impact sounds on maps coming along? Any fixes or improvements on them?

Trippy_Hippie
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the movie Bond was holding the watch in his hand, would it not be possible replace a gun model with the watch that fires lasers?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks =D Appreciate it. Hope you had a good time at your brother's place.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Small, but nice update...

I think I fixed the attached monitors in Bunker i and ii, but it needs a little more testing. Now you can shoot it, even with a one-hit kill gun, and it just pops off the rack, falls to the floor, and breaks. If you destroy the rack, by bullet or explosion, the monitors all fly off to the ground. With this fix, the monitors will not blow up by any means until they hit the floor. You can juggle them in the air with a Gold PP7. Still, it is much closer to the original now, and no longer crashes console. We can thank Surface i and the fun little vehicle props in the final cabin for the flags that does it.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome!

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats an awsome breakthrough.

Well done.

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ALRIGHT! I thought this feature would never see the light of day again. Good going Wreck! Hope more surprises spring up in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 15 of 60

Jump to: