ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I just started playing this for the first time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: I just started playing this for the first time Reply with quote Back to top

Banjo Kazooie is a really great game. It makes SM64 look like a really simple game. I've been trying to beat the swamp 100% before moving on. So far everything has been collected. I literaly freaked out seeing clanker the first time. I thought I was freaking dead meat and that it was a boss. Nope. It's just a gigantic robo-shark that doesn't want to eat you. I heard about the quiz stage as well. I'll probably fail at it a bunch of times before making any progress at that point lol. So far it's a really great game.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What version are you playing? N64 or the XBLA/Rare Replay port?

Because the N64 version has you to re-collect every note when you die, which may be a tad too much if you don't like collecting.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's about time

Yes Banjo 1/2 are INCREDIBLE platformers Maria does not have chit on them

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first Banjo-Kazooie game was awesome, and collecting everything was no easy task (but so worth it). It may sound like cheating, but it is a big help to find Grunty's sister wherever you can... and write down what she tells you. The personal info about Gruntilda is randomized for each new file you create, so strategy guides would probably tell you to do the same. Trust me when I say it can save your life!

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The personal info about Gruntilda is randomized for each new file you create, so strategy guides would probably tell you to do the same.

Wait seriously?

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's the N64 version
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From personal experience, it seemed so. I made notes before, and tried using them on a different file. The answers were mostly incorrect. Someone may know for sure, but it felt as though one of three possibilities were chosen at random for each question. So what she tells you on one play through, may not be the same on another.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify, I forget how many fairy positions there are but she has 3 statements at each location.

You are saying that these 3x(Number of Locations) statements are differenct accross the 3 save files?

Thats cool.

If you've only asked her once per location, then try 3 times.

Trev

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that did always play at the back of my mind was: by asking again does it cause the locations to shuffle sometimes? Long story short: this game kinda bet me. I got sick of trying to collect everything.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it matters which of the three save files you are playing, but that is a possibility. I thought it was just assigned automatically at the start of a new game. It would choose one of the three Grunty facts randomly for each thing she tells you. If you deleted that file and created a new one in the same slot, it should change it. Maybe someone can see if there is an FAQ for BK that gives more details.

Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Click Woods are murder for collecting all notes in one life. The engine room should be dealt with first. You do not want to save that for later on.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://speeddemosarchive.com/BanjoKazooie.html

The sequel Banjo-Tooie also a must-play , one of minigames (also avail for multi) is FPS-style very close to GE007

The remasters to both (although exclusive to X360 store yes unfortunate) are VERY much worthy too !

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Banjo Tooie was a good game by all means. But honestly it does not hold up to how amazing and well made Banjo Kazooie was. I felt the level design was way better then the second game, the levela in the second one we're just to large. But seriously, after you beat the first game play the second one. It is a must!

Also good luck with Rusty Bucket Bay when you reach it. That level sure pissed me off haha. But the music for it was fantastic non the less.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: