ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

One step away from finally playing a new GE level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: One step away from finally playing a new GE level Reply with quote Back to top

I have lurked here for years and watched guys play new levels such as Library mission etc.

I've finally sorted out an emulator, have the controller plugged in (its not perfect but sorted it okay), have the plugins, have the setup editor, have sorted the rom etc etc.

Regular Goldeneye works perfectly fine on my emulator. I now have the library mission up and running on my emulator too, and its exciting to see, but theres one final snag.

The emulator I'm using is Project 64 (or PJ64) and it lags and pauses badly and occasionally crashes on this new level.

As it says on the goldeneye vault-

"Why does my ROM run so slowly after I apply an ips patch?
Project64 is tailored to Goldeneye itself to improve performance. When a checksum is modified (which is often the case with the ips patches), it needs to have its settings modified. In the main menu of PJ64, right click on the ROM and choose Edit Settings.

Change to the following for GoldenEye:
CPU Core Style: Recompiler
Self Modifying-Core Type: Change Memory and Cache
Counter Factor: 2
Check marks by: Large Compile Buffer, Register Caching, SP Hack, Use TLB.
4 Meg RAM
For Perfect Dark you want:
CPU Core Style: Recompiler
Self Modifying-Core Type: Protect Memory
Default Save type: 16Kbit EEPROM
Counter Factor: 2
Check marks by: Large Compile Buffer, Register Caching, Use TLB.
8 Meg RAM"

How do I do this in PJ64? I don't know how to get to this on the screen ^

My settings to edit just come up with plugins and options

Please help, very much looking forward to finally playing a new goldeneye level after twenty years

Thanks

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the main window of PJ64 that shows all of your ROMs (you can set the directory in options), right-click on the Library Mission ROM. A small list will appear, and one item will say something about editing the ROM settings. Click it, and the menu where you set those settings shown on the Vault FAQ will pop up. Make the changes and try loading the game afterward.

Good luck, and hopefully this will be the first of many custom ROMs for you to play on your computer. Smile

You may also need to update ROM list, which is also in the right-click menu. Just make sure the ROM you want to update shows up in the PJ64 main screen (what you see when you open the emulator, or when end a game).

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, Wreck, it works perfectly.

This is great, thanks.

I'm not much of a gamer. I played N64 a lot, and Goldeneye and PD obviously, a lot as a kid. And still play it on and off now into my twenties. I did play Xbox a bit and that on friends consoles and they're great, but I always just loved GE, but after nearly two decades, Facility, Jungle et al get a bit boring. Now, the chance to play new levels is great! I can keep on playing this game for a lot longer.

Thanks guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: