ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Pausing to hear music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Pausing to hear music Reply with quote Back to top

Well still new and playing around. I have noticed that when I start a level. It doesn't play the music. I have to pause then unpause to hear the selected music. This doesn't seem to be normal. Am I doing something wrong?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, that is totally normal. Just take a look at GoldenEye X's mission campaign preview levels. The music won't play until you press pause, and exit the menu back into gameplay. You need to setup an action block to begin the music. I can post one for you, if you need it.

There are some other actions you may need or want to include, but we're still learning about those as we go. One thing is for sure, GE-X is teaching us a lot about PD.

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Actually, that is totally normal. Just take a look at GoldenEye X's mission campaign preview levels. The music won't play until you press pause, and exit the menu back into gameplay. You need to setup an action block to begin the music. I can post one for you, if you need it.

There are some other actions you may need or want to include, but we're still learning about those as we go. One thing is for sure, GE-X is teaching us a lot about PD.

I never tried GE X mission since it's not fully complete. Well I have But I don't remember such a thing, But an action block just to start the music? Is it similar to how an X theme would start? Also one thing I'd like to note. The guards just stay in one spot waiting for you to be in there line of site. Sometimes they will run to other guard placement's and wait there. I have taken Rare's action block of a normal guard Example first level. I used action 0417. They still do the same.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guards are far more complex in PD. There are a ton of flags you can use on them, and we only know so many. They seem to also sometimes impact each other, and can act differently depending on what general action they are assigned (0002 or 0007 etc.). A lot more complicated than GE.

I can look tonight for the short start music block I had made before. Rare usually ties it in with all the fancy intro scene stuff.

Edit: Just checked what I had, and here it is...

10XX Block
017E
0005FD0000

That should immediately start both the main music and background ambience for the level.

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well at the moment I don't hear the BG sounds. I assume it's in the 39850.
That's another thing. V3 editor is GREAT BUT, loading the 21990 and 39850 takes a long time to load. Even to choose the rom your going to change. Not sure if it's my computer but that's one draw back.
But I'm off topic. Shocked

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can disable the themes in the preferences, per game.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would also suggest picking the ROM you want to change in the preferences. That way, you don't need to wait until your default ROM loads in 39850, then select the one you are going to modify, and wait again for that to load. Trust me, it cuts down the time by about half.

I also save between three to four ROMs for the same project, and alternate through them as I go. That way, if something goes bad, you can just go back to another recent version.

BG ambience is set in 39850 Stage Options. Usually it is traffic, ocean, robotics, or the very cool screams in Deep Sea. Not sure if will play normally, or if you need an action block for it. I recently determined how to get it to play in specific rooms only. So if you just want to hear it when in outside areas, you can do that.

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah right. I have the rom in preferences to the original. Yeah I seen the options for BG. I had it set to Cetan screams for testing purposes and didn't hear a thing. I also tried messing around with weather effects and action Block for those. Also, Some tags are empty. Is there a way to tell what they do? I have to check if some action for GE will work on PD. I've been curious. Question Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: