ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mario Kart Multi-Level Hack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Mario Kart Multi-Level Hack Reply with quote Back to top

Gidday everyone - the other night I got a hunch which turned out to be correct. So the theory is as follows: Single player levels are empty of battle start points, but data isn't cleared, therefore if we load a battle level before loading a race level the data should remain...in practice it was substantially easier than I'd expected, but did require refining.

Instructions:
-Load up a battle
-Cancel and go back to the race select for the battle
-Press one of the c-buttons to trigger a switch to the race-set that the progrqamme is looking at
-Select the "new" track as normal

Sometimes racers fall off the side of the track, but it does give you the option to play a battle on a race track! I've not actually tested it yet - my friends have been busy lol

USA code:
D00F6915 0008
8118EE08 0000
D00F6915 0004
8118EE08 0001
D00F6915 0002
8118EE08 0002
D00F6915 0001
8118EE08 0003

PAL code:
D00F6975 0008
8018EE68 0000
D00F6975 0004
8018EE68 0001
D00F6975 0002
8018EE68 0002
D00F6975 0001
8018EE68 0003

Note: I've been moving my codes over to PAL as I live in NZ and that's all we've got I'm afraid - if anyone else wants to have the other codes in that format then say - otherwise it's USA first baby!

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, Ill give it a shot.

PAL is usually (... actually, better reduce that to sometimes) the better version with bugfixes and 44 more lines, unless its by a company that simply changes the VIMode and nothing else, but compatability requires NTSC for most people.

Just checking the version differences and MK64 was designed NTSC-JAP first 1.0 and 1.1, then NTSC-US with logo and name changes then PAL with nothing more than VIMode change. PAL clock wasnt changed therefor PAL runs slower (83%).
Therefor, this would be an example of NTSC better.

Trev

P.S. It seems that PAL conversions rarely result in bugfixes or increased resolution.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So would you be able to locate the coordinates for these battle mode start points, and put them at new locations for different race tracks? Nice work getting it going!

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it works... kind of...

As you said, racers fall off the track a lot, rainbow road causes all players to loose all their balloons before the game even starts and results in an input crash. The balls with chains and other bg elements are still animated, but the player cannot press start or move and is invulnerable to the balls and bombs.

Id have to argue that the race tracks are not as fun as the battle tracks. the battle tracks are much more free. Big doughnut is probably the most racetrack like one and I loose interest it very quickly.
To me the best is block-fort.

Trev

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And after all of this I still didn't get a chance to test this with mates.

Hope you've all been having fun - this really was a "because I can" kind of thing and I'm well sure that it won't work well given that these aren't battle maps.

Player placement for the race levels seems to happen off of what I suspect will be the "race track" that the AI follows, battle mode however is hard coded. I have been keeping an eye on another forum where one of the members is developing an editor, and I live in hope to see it released!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: