ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Worse yet, they're generating straight-up RDP commands and wrapping them so they're ignored by the RSP, just like with skies.
In a way it's slightly more portable insofar as it's very generic, so long as you don't need to alter any of the math or change the scene so the end of the world isn't visible (this is a crash bug in GE, some bad math where it rolls around).

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really glad to see the work on this continuing. Goldeneye will always be the best FPS!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am currently fitting the Frigate with new ceiling lights. Instead of the paper thin hanging bulbs found throughout most of the ship, it now uses the better fixture found on the bridge. A minor inconvenience is that they use up five times as many polygons (10 vs. 2), and in most rooms there are two of them. While this may not have much of an effect on performance, I am curious if it may impact the two player mission modes slightly. In some areas, I have needed to tweak other background architecture in order to fit in the bigger fixtures, or not have them be obstructed by vent ducts. These are subtle alterations, and should not affect anything other than aesthetics. I will have some pics up soon.

I also corrected a vent duct piece in one room (original had this part set in a different room for it, so would not show up in-game), and fixed the world map that didn't draw on top of the wooden wall board behind the radios just before the bridge. Is there anything else in this level that needs looking into, or some good suggestions?

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that you mention it Wreck I want to know, how will the Co-op campaign differ from the Single-player one? Random guard spawns? More Guard Spawns?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose you could include additional guard characters that only appear when playing two player coop mode, though PD didn't seem to do this. Maybe because it's already hard enough on the console as-is (performance wise, not difficulty). Start adding in more active bodies, and frame rate may drop further.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's two pics of lights in Frigate...

I need to sort out a few rooms that don't have a physical light in them. I have ideas, which have to be tested out. I believe I figured out how to get lights not to show the corona (ideal for light bars, such as in the engine room and hangar). But any room without a light in them, won't go dark - even if all connected rooms are. May be tricky in certain areas and levels.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those vent air ducts in the ceiling are missing their metal hit impact sounds on the current version. Just so you know.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks awesome Wreck! I'm sure you'll figure the light placement out Smile. That last picture looks as if the guard was screwing around, shot the light out, and it blew up on him haha. Hey, do you think it would increase the performance/framerate of the game if you took out some of the guards in Co-op? I know it might take away from the game but just a thought.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you remove guards in coop, it will make the game even more easy for two players to complete. You already have an advantage as it is, so to lose any enemy characters would take away from both the regular difficulty and fun factor.

Still trying to sort out room lights, but the whole upper deck should be done. Going to start on the middle deck soon, which only has a couple to do. The lower deck also doesn't have too many to deal with.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be difficult to implement the armor/health graphics from Goldeneye when you get hit? It fits a little better (in my opinion) for Goldeneye than the perfect dark health bar. Just an idea.. I know the team is busy working with the lighting for the stages tho. Thanks! Keep up the good work =)

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, its not a new idea killedbyurmom.
That side of things is very complicated and as yet unexplored (to my knowlage). Though the sprites 'could' be swapped out, you would have a problem of placement, PD just is not coded to handle the GE sprites.
The colour of the bars and other HUD elements have been changed.

There are other GE elements that are more likly to make an apperance, allbeit altered to fit the PD menu system. (Watch hand with built in holo-projector Razz - Actually, not possible either due to PD hands and genders... unless women didnt mind grabbing bonds hand to look at the time hahaha)

And speaking of menu, dont expect that to change.
Even if the models were swapped out (the folder, paper and negatives are all models in GE) it would not be positioned right and therefor not look right.
You'll notice that bond is in front of a PC, this explains the new menu if you want an in-universe excuse.

Basically, in answer to all above, not likely.

If there ever was something worth taking time to transfer from GE to PD and forcing the code to run, maybe even with some updates, that would be the Bond Intro.
Dont need the rest as PD's varient is good, just the 'lights' and gunbarrel.

One alteration to PD's "Alternate Intro" (which is better than intro cutscene1 anyway) might be some fire, but I think those images are the coronas used ingame and we dont want to be messing around with them.

Trev

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this has been asked yet but will the original cut scenes from GoldenEye play in GE:X once all the objectives are completed for the level (Or not if some objectives are skipped) and with the new alternate route out of the facility to the runway will there be a separate cut scene for that route taken making two possible cut scenes for the end of Facility?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Trev for the answer back =) I thought it was worth a shot asking Haha I was actually just thinking the other day how cool it would be to have the Goldeneye intro with the gun barrel and Bond shooting you. The current intro is pretty neat as well tho.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those screenshots look great! Goldeneye X is my favourite game mod, and I'm really looking forward to the next release.

Wreck wrote:
If you remove guards in coop, it will make the game even more easy for two players to complete. You already have an advantage as it is, so to lose any enemy characters would take away from both the regular difficulty and fun factor..

Can you not increase their default health, to increase the difficulty? Though of course this will have to be balanced out for the ones who are threatening the hostages.

Trevor wrote:
Yeah, its not a new idea killedbyurmom....

I've love to see the Goldeneye effects in the game, such as the Bond intro, the health and shield on-screen effects, even the wrist-watch (as long as it pauses the game *immediately*!!!), but to me they are not necessary, I'd much rather the gameplay was done, and the mod was released for us to play, and then you and the team worked on the intro etc for a later release of the mod.

Quote:

One alteration to PD's "Alternate Intro" (which is better than intro cutscene1 anyway) might be some fire, but I think those images are the coronas used ingame and we dont want to be messing around with them.

Trev

I never saw the point of Perfect Dark's default attract mode being the first in-game cutscene. It should have been something unique, and if nothing else they could have made it a four player splitscreen multiplayer video. And since PD has bots, then they wouldn't even have had to keep showing the same video(s), and nor would they need to use up cartridge space for the video, as, when PD in effect starts playing the video, PD could instead randonly choose a multiplayer setup (random level, random gametype, random weapons, etc) and actually play the multiplayer game, splitscreen, with the first four bot's point of view taking up the four splitscreen areas. This would be more interesting to watch than the first real ingame cutscene, and it would always be random, and of course (like the cutscene) when the user press a joypad button, then the multiplayer match would abort and Perfect Dark would go to the main menu.

The Renegadist wrote:
I don't know if this has been asked yet but will the original cut scenes from GoldenEye play in GE:X once all the objectives are completed for the level (Or not if some objectives are skipped) and with the new alternate route out of the facility to the runway will there be a separate cut scene for that route taken making two possible cut scenes for the end of Facility?

I'd also love it if, like in Perfect Dark, an optional event in one level would effect a later level, so you could influence, for example, if a certain weapon or person was in a later level, by your actions in a previous level. This was just one of the many countless things that PD did that we almost never see in other games.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree Kerr Avon.. I'd really like the next patch ASAP lol Laughing The team has done a great job with Goldeneyex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 17 of 60

Jump to: