ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Your Ideas on Updating GE...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Your Ideas on Updating GE... Reply with quote Back to top

We'd like to hear what you, the fans of GE, would like to see done to update or enhance levels. Remember not to go too crazy, or want something that greatly affects a mission and how it plays out. Be creative, have fun. Who knows... something you mention may either already be in the works, or included at a later date. And if it doesn't fit into GoldenEye X, perhaps another mod could adopt it. So let's hear them ideas!

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. Stacked bottling tanks in Facility, I've always loved the beta images of the stacked tanks.

2. Far fetched but what about putting Xenia on the Frigate? She is mentioned in the breifing and you could have the encounter end with Bond's, "The pleasure I'm sure was all mine." This would make Xenia's line in Jungle make more sense.

3. Ourumov in Archives - would it be possible to either have Natalya captured during the Archives mission or before you get control of Bond in Streets? Never liked how she was with Bond in one level and was suddenly captured in the next. Alternatively, you could always cut her from Archives but I doubt the GE purists would like that.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, On the Natalya/Archives point, PD has cutscenes so you wont be limited to just the end pose (Well, you can do cutscenes in GE but thats not my point)
Therefor you can have bond jump out the window ending the level which checks to see if Natalya is dead or "Run Away" as it does in GE, BUT, then you have a small cutscene.
You have already passed through the window, but in the cutscene you have bond jumping out again and landing with a roll (or if determining which portal you used is hard, just have bond land) then Ourumov's men shoot at the window wall, she turns away from the window and then is captured by Ourumov.

Another idea to complement this modified ending might be to limit natalya to the upper floor somehow.
What we dont want to do though is make it too linear. Rare chose to let you escape from any of the windows up and down stairs.
Im not sure what flags can be set/unset for cutscenes though.
Maybe you can do a check (If room23 set flag, if flag start cutscene in room23) but I dont know.

Stacked tanks in Facility adds a lot of geometry which is why it was cut in the first place.
If you were to change facility's tanks then I would change it to a movie version where they were stored in cages.
There is a possibility of having the room filled with tanks that are similar to the movie without too much extra geometry since the cages are cubes.

Also, If you had the caged style, you could have a padlock on the convayor wall that if hit would release the tanks during the cutscene.
Since the cutscene would be a static camera location you can do the falling tanks as 2Tri Pre-Rendered Sprites.

Trev

QuaidShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I´m still for this one here:

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=286

Because in 1964 Emulator it runs still in 60 FPS!
So maybe it´s worth a try.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make eliminating Jaws in Aztec an objective, so you cannot cheese the level via using guards to open the door.

Add the elevator from some early gameplay back to Silo? Since PD supports lifts/elevators.

And maybe return the original Silo spawn point from the vents? That would be rather cool.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's nice to see that there are some ideas coming up that have actually been discussed amongst the team, so we know we're on the right track. I won't say which, as that will be revealed later.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah right, now I get it.

Trev

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Well, On the Natalya/Archives point, PD has cutscenes so you wont be limited to just the end pose (Well, you can do cutscenes in GE but thats not my point)
Therefor you can have bond jump out the window ending the level which checks to see if Natalya is dead or "Run Away" as it does in GE, BUT, then you have a small cutscene.
You have already passed through the window, but in the cutscene you have bond jumping out again and landing with a roll (or if determining which portal you used is hard, just have bond land) then Ourumov's men shoot at the window wall, she turns away from the window and then is captured by Ourumov.

Another idea to complement this modified ending might be to limit natalya to the upper floor somehow.
What we dont want to do though is make it too linear. Rare chose to let you escape from any of the windows up and down stairs.
Im not sure what flags can be set/unset for cutscenes though.
Maybe you can do a check (If room23 set flag, if flag start cutscene in room23) but I dont know.

Stacked tanks in Facility adds a lot of geometry which is why it was cut in the first place.
If you were to change facility's tanks then I would change it to a movie version where they were stored in cages.
There is a possibility of having the room filled with tanks that are similar to the movie without too much extra geometry since the cages are cubes.

Also, If you had the caged style, you could have a padlock on the convayor wall that if hit would release the tanks during the cutscene.
Since the cutscene would be a static camera location you can do the falling tanks as 2Tri Pre-Rendered Sprites.

Trev

I like your ideas with changing the ending of Archives, Trev. It was always odd to me that in the beta footage, Natalya isn't with Bond when he exits the Archives but in the final version, she is.

I agree with Filler's ideas in Silo. Maybe find a use for Ourumov's briefcase and/or key? I know at that point in Silo during the original game, the key would be useless since you don't need a key to unlock any doors. However, if you re-implemented the elevator into the level, it might make sense to have to use the elevator to go to the top floor and get Ourumov's master key in order to unlock the doors that let you into the Silo complex. Might be a bit of a stretch and it would definitely change the ending of the level slightly.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think what was originally going on was that Ouromov was actively trying to stop you. You're in this particular silo setting plastic explosives to destroy research, but then the guy was bonkers enough to try to launch the nukes in retaliation.

The key isn't really one to the lower doors. It's more likely a launch key that can be used to either disarm the missiles or close the launch doors. I'm pretty sure being able to close the silo doors was just a glitch--they're set in a peculiar way, after all--and if it was ever usable it would have to do with that little control room.

Of course, disarming a launch is rather silly from the perspective of rigging the whole place to blow so can't blame them from cutting a 2-second objective at the end of the level.

At any rate, it would be an interesting objective if you to have to get the key from Ouromov and disarm the missiles, either from firing or from going nuclear when the silo explodes around them. It would also be nice if he set up several more optional points of resistance if guards ran to alarms in each of the labs. Basically, he knows you're there sooner.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

May as well post what I had thought up and shared with the team for Archives - Streets with Natalya getting taken from out of nowhere...

We never know how Ourumov grabbed Natalya in the game. She and Bond broke out of the Archives together, and were side by side at the end of it. One explaination could be that Natalya, being free from capture, jumped the gun and ran a head of Bond to see where they were. She gets scooped up by Ourumov and some goons, pushed into the black armoured vehicle, and driven down the streets. Bond could try to get closer to help, but have some shots fired at him. Player takes control of Bond standing in front of the first corner.

I would like to incorporate the lift and vent in Silo, but without changing the actual mission objectives. Altering your objectives feels like a big no-no to me, unless there is a very good reason to (perhaps fixing a problem with the original game).

Silo is a bit weird, considering you are to plant explosives to destroy it, yet it is going to blow up regardless of that. I feel like maybe, instead of the building counting down to detonation, instead it counts down to launch time. Since an intruder is detected, Ourumov orders that the missiles are launched. In order to prevent that catastrophe, Bond needs to destroy the entire silo. When time elapses, we switch to a scene of the ICBMs lifting off, and maybe even a short scene with Ourumov and some guards encountering Bond, telling him he has failed, and that tens of thousands of people will die because of his incompetence. Means no countdown on the plastque, since you can't have two timers going. Also means no endless explosions around players when the plastique detonates, but PD forces the level to end shortly after in their missions (since if you are invincible, you stay alive to see the explosions aren't endless anymore).

But there is a hole in that. Aren't these missiles used to launch GoldenEye weapon satellites into orbit? So they aren't weaponized explosives. And they aren't really prepared for launch, as various circuitboards for them are lying around, as well as the important DAT tape. Kind of shuts down that concept.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been thinking about the lift and I cant see how it would be usefull in the normal flow of the game since it bypasses the level to the top.
I have an idea based on Zoinks notes.

As for the ICBM and the GoldenEye Satalite,
wreck wrote:
Aren't these missiles used to launch GoldenEye weapon satellites into orbit? So they aren't weaponized explosives. And they aren't really prepared for launch, as various circuitboards for them are lying around, as well as the important DAT tape. Kind of shuts down that concept.

We can assume one is already in orbit. The second which is under construction and almost finished would be placed into one of the 2 remaining ICBMs (Perhaps we should choose one to have its top open? Maybe too much detail?) leaving the other as a fully functioning ICBM.
Also, you mention the DAT tape, that would be to change the launch sequence for the second GE Sat, in the mean time the Silo is in ICBM mode just like all other ICBM sites around the world.

zoinkity wrote:
Of course, disarming a launch is rather silly from the perspective of rigging the whole place to blow so can't blame them from cutting a 2-second objective at the end of the level

To alter that statement a little, it does make sence if Ourumov had set the launch to pre-date the plastique timers, assuming you havnt left it to less than 10 seconds before meeting him by which time its probably too late anyway.

wreck wrote:
Silo is a bit weird, considering you are to plant explosives to destroy it, yet it is going to blow up regardless of that.

Remeber, its not the silo thats set to explode, its your own bombs.
Oh... wait...
Quote:
Silo Infiltrated - Explosive charges automatically primed

hmm, It could be read both ways, I always assumed bond set them all so they went off at the same time.

Perhaps it would be better if it was changed to Ourumov setting launch countdown.

Now onto my lift idea
zoinkity wrote:
It would also be nice if he set up several more optional points of resistance if guards ran to alarms in each of the labs. Basically, he knows you're there sooner.

I do like this idea and brings me to the lift.
The lift could be used to bypass many of these blockades in order to stop the launch sequence.
If you were stelthy enough and he was at the top, then its use is pointless and you simply go from there to the control room (provided you hit him so he drops the key else the mission failed, OH, this is a brilliant example if mid-mission objectives. MI6 had no idea he would do this but it tells people they NEED to shoot him).
If you were detected and he starts moving down the level meeting you earlyer and falling back to the next choke point, it comes to a time when you will never make it in time.
At this point you can take the key that he drops when first hit, run to the bottom of the level, grab the lift to the control room, disarm the launch and then pick a direction to go to finish the mission.
If you only had the top room to recon and he is waiting between the top and second top, you neednt meet him again.
The usual guards would be there so it wouldnt be a cakewalk.

Archives/Streets
Wreck wrote:
We never know how Ourumov grabbed Natalya in the game. She and Bond broke out of the Archives together, and were side by side at the end of it. One explaination could be that Natalya, being free from capture, jumped the gun and ran a head of Bond to see where they were. She gets scooped up by Ourumov and some goons, pushed into the black armoured vehicle, and driven down the streets. Bond could try to get closer to help, but have some shots fired at him. Player takes control of Bond standing in front of the first corner.

I forgot about this and got carried away with the cutscene for archives. This however is much simpler cutscene since there are no detections or possibilities of inaccuriacies and is still plausable.

Just means Archives will have a short outro, but its the same case with either level. Where one has, they other loses.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not necessarily...

For the outro of Archives, Bond could be dealing with a guard or two through the library windows (from the outside), while Natalya goes on ahead to scout the area. She runs right into Ourumov, who grabs her at gunpoint. He has some guards with him for cover. Bond looks over after eliminating the previous threat. Natalya is shouting to let her go. James yells out "Natalya!", and as she is being pulled away, she yells back "James!", and the level ends.

Intro of Streets, Ourumov is moving with Natalya towards his car. Bond runs to the first corner of the level, and is met with gunfire. Natalya and the General get into the car, while James kills off one of the guards. The vehicle begins moving down the road. The last standing guard is shot dead by 007. Camera moves into the back of Bond's head, and player assumes control.

Now, this means that some extra areas from Streets are added onto the end of Archives, but that should be relatively straight forward. Opening up the windows to see into Archives is another story, but I know Zoinkity has done just that previously.

--------------------------

For Silo, the ICBMs could be ready to go. The circuitry you find belongs to the GoldenEye satellite you take a photo of. There could already be one complete and ready to be put into orbit in at least one of those rockets. There are already two up in space (Mischa and Petya), and the world can't afford another one. So Bond must destroy the silo before the launch, or else another satellite will be available to Janus. Might have to add something new to the briefing about that, should the adjustments take place.

basédexe5ithaccount
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Ideas on Updating GE... Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
We'd like to hear what you, the fans of GE, would like to see done to update or enhance levels. Remember not to go too crazy, or want something that greatly affects a mission and how it plays out. Be creative, have fun. Who knows... something you mention may either already be in the works, or included at a later date. And if it doesn't fit into GoldenEye X, perhaps another mod could adopt it. So let's hear them ideas!

What you should add is voice sounds from the movie goldeneye but I don't know if thats possible or not because perfect dark has mp3 files for the voices though.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes wreck, cant beleve I missed that post, but I agree with both silo and archives, sounds good and in regard to archives saves the detections and other complications of mine.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We will definitely want to include voice overs in MP3 format, but they will need to be brand new recordings. Most of the conversations featured in the game either don't match the movie, or are completely new. Like Bond and Natalya talking in the Bunker cells, Bond meeting with Valentin in both Statue and Streets, and the chat with Mishkin in Archives. These situations either don't exist in the film, or are played out differently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: