ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE Promo Poster on eBay...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: GE Promo Poster on eBay... Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if anyone here might be interested, but there is a nice GE promotional poster up on eBay right now. It is listed as "James Bond Rare Goldeneye Nintendo N64 Game Poster ORIGINAL" and the seller is "sivadi". I already happen to have this in my collection, so I thought I'd share it here, in case somebody on these forums might be intrigued. Seems good shape, just with a few pinholes. Don't see this one up too often. Not a lot of time left in the auction.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

£36.50... wow... Im not that much of a collecter hahaha.

Im sure someone will value it though.

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you ever find that standup of GoldenEye 007...I remember it from the mundo rare Goldeneye beta special.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I spent more than that on mine. Luckily the seller was only in the USA, otherwise shipping would have hiked it up more. Most great GE promo items are located in the UK, so living in North America doesn't do much to help your wallet.

I'm always on the look out for the Brosnan standee. Even though I did get one (that needs some restoration work before I show it), if another one in mint condition came up for a good enough price, I might be interested. If that ever were to happen, the one I currently have would be offered to you first, SubDrag. Smile

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tempted by that poster but I think it's a little to much for me, though I do like collecting GoldenEye stuff Smile
If a GoldenEye or Perfect Dark cardboard cut out appeared for sale I'd definately consider buying them.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, just remember this...

Video game collecting is a huge market. Every day more and more people are starting to buy vintage games. Anything N64 and previous are demanding higher prices yearly. Even the GameCube is gaining steam. Things that went for ten bucks years ago, can be thirty now. Things that were fifty, now over a hundred. So if there is something out there you really want, the time to react is now. Trust me, barring some miracle warehouse discovery of that item in good quantity, it will only get harder to find up for sale, and the value escalating. Demand for gaming stuff is growing constantly.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I completely agree, just a couple of weeks ago I decided to buy a SNES and when I went looking I couldn't believe the prices £80-100 Shocked

My goldeneye collection isn't big but I got a couple of cool things:

Promo mailer from toys-r-us in really good condition
I think I have all of the guide books that was released
Sealed goldeneye NTSC, vertical seal not Nintendo seal unfortunately
Goldeneye JAP in good condition
N64 promo VHS featuring the Connery in bunker beta clip

I will keep collecting but il leave the poster for now Confused

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which video tape is that one? I just bought one on eBay that is an N64 Pro tape that says "The Video", which features GoldenEye in it (though not sure to what capacity). If there are more that have GE, I might like to grab them - if / when they come up.

There are a ton of guides that were released. I think I have around ten or so now (some dedicated, some with other games). I am a little behind on updating the artwork and promo thread with images, since the PC I used to scan with went bad. Be interested to know what you have, in case is something I have missed out on.

Well, no bids, so poster was relisted.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have only 2 vhs tapes with GoldenEye on:

this one has the Connery in bunker clip

and this one has the Silo Lift

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen that second video on eBay before, but wasn't aware that GoldenEye was on it. Not sure I have ever seen the first one, though. When I get my VHS tape, I'll grab some photos of front and back. I can't watch it, however. PAL and all.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VHS tapes are not universal region-free ? o.0

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm honestly not sure, but I haven't compared the tape to a regular one I still have kicking around, and didn't want to chance it getting caught in the machine or something happening to the reel. But if 00action can play VHS from the USA on his machine, than maybe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: