ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] Goldeneye CS PATCH [FINISHED]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just used 2 controllers n tried each map. i just got around to redoing the patch to replace the older version that didn't work on console at all.

i only tried playing 2forts once so i didnt see if it would load for me. but its kinda lame that poolday doesnt work at all :/

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, may be memory related. I may get around to poking at it again someday. Poolday is completely buggered? And the BK patch isn't working on console? Been a few years.

Last edited by Wreck on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

poolday would run rarely like IF others managed to load

BK doesn't run @ all

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully BK is something simple. Does the game start, but crashes loading a custom level? Or does it not get past any starting screens?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It gets to level select

Oh wow , the cellar, the towers load

Furnace fun unfortunately crashes

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i just tested out BK to see what would happen, in the past it would not even start at all, BUT! i dont know if the planets and moon aligned today but BK started up just fine and i was able to play! but furnace fun crashed the console

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So just the one map, then? I'll download the patch and see if anything obvious stands out. Did this get updated in the past at some point? Seems like people couldn't get any level to load, and now two of them do.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WTF ? Furnace decided to load lotsa flicker on the stage podium crap , loaded cellar fine , then tower crashed

Strange they crash when they like , 90% of the time

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With the CS pak, all the levels should load, but sometimes crashing on load does occur. First I had no trouble with Poolday, but 2Forts was giving me grief. Then later on it was the exact opposite.

I opened up Furnace Fun in Visual. I noticed before, in fact a long time back, that the clipping was not aligned with the background. I fixed that, shifted the pads all over to match, redid the clipping "plink" IDs, but it didn't help console. Now, if it has loaded on console at some point for anyone, than that is somewhat good news. It could be memory related, as the map does require quite a few textures. I can keep messing with it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spent a few hours going over the Banjo-Kazooie pack. While I did fix a bunch of minor things, it still has a lot of trouble on console. I can at least get all three levels loading in 2-Player mode, most of the time. 3-Player or greater isn't being so cooperative. I'm sending an update patch to SubDrag to put up on the GE Vault site. Once it is up, one of us will let you guys know. List of revisions will be in a notepad file inside the zip.

I think a big part of it boils down to how large these one room levels are, and possibly to some extent how they are drawn. The display lists could likely use an overhaul, but that might not cut it in this case alone. We'd probably need to split them up into multiple rooms, with portals, and adjust the display lists for each unique texture, where necessary.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BK patch updated. Grab from Vault if you wanna test it out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New update on this. I have gone over every level in the Counter-Strike pack, and made corrections, adjustments, and enhancements. During my tests, it now performs better on console. Framerate will not be changed, but the frequency in which it used to crash in between starting levels is way down. You can read what changes were made on the download page here...

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=128

Now, barring some major thing I missed, I would say that any future updates to this would focus on either optimizing the backgrounds (reducing polygon count), or giving it colour and shading. A big task for ten levels.

If you do notice any bad texturing (stretched or squished - highly repeated) anywhere, let me know. I tweaked as many as I could find, but I may have let something slip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: