ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Camera Point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Camera Point Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is even possible or if it effects the game. I have an action that allows you to look at a camera point placed in the level.

5C
13A
D5
013A
D3

It works completely but once you activate it your stuck on the camera point. I tried numerous ways but then maybe thought it does not work in general. Sorry I'm still grasping it all. Embarassed

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so like you see a monitor screen of a certain location when you activate a security computer or something? It should be possible to revert back to Bond's eyes. We did similar in GE-X to recreate the intro cameras for the mission setups. You might need to set an amount of time to show the camera point, and then return from camera. Perhaps an if key pressed action to jump out of it, too. Someone may have done this sort of thing in the past for a custom mission (mid-level cut scene viewing a special event).

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can't have an into because of a action block. So a gimmick I was planning is to have uplink boxes around the level that when activated go to cam point and see guards patrolling and what not. I actually didn't try to add a timer. I'll have to experiment more before posting again.Smile

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Someone may have done this sort of thing in the past for a custom mission (mid-level cut scene viewing a special event).

Library mission. Problem was, once action reverted back to Bond, he loses every item he collected during gameplay. So the only place you can use a cutscene like this is before Bond picks up any items.

Here was the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKs8g-pLX0

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK so to confirm it works but you lose pick ups? Only thing you pick up at the point I'm testing is a key and it's used as soon as you get it. So assuming since I want them around the level means I shouldn't bother huh. Sad I added start and set timer but nothing appeared and still get locked in the scene. Like I said I kinda wanted this because I can't use Intro camera's for the level.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As best I recall, it was only pickups that are lost. Anything you started with is retained.

That was nearly 10 years ago though. Maybe Subdrag or Zoinkity have since found a solution to this loss of pick-ups problem since then. We'll see if either one chimes in here as there are certainly some really creative things that could be done with cameras if not for this problem.

As to your problem of getting stuck there, I wish I still had but I don't, my action blocks. Re-watching the video I see I had two different cameras. The first was triggered by opening that double door, then as soon as the slider stone door finished closing, it went to a second camera point, I'm guessing for a set amount of time. Then it returned action to Bond.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a thought. If this mid-level camera point is only viewed once (not something you can trigger any time by activating a computer or other device), you could create duplicate pickups in the setup file that are hidden. You could detect if the normal items are already taken by Bond when the camera shows, and if so, assign the replacement items to Bond once you return from the scene. Be it keys or other, that should work. Don't know if any on-screen text shows picking them up or not, but you could likely kill that with rename objects. The interaction text would control that. Trickery that may do the job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: