ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Nintendo to re-release the NES with 30 pre-loaded games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Nintendo to re-release the NES with 30 pre-loaded games Reply with quote Back to top

Now THIS is a good idea Very Happy

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/14/nintendos-classic-mini-is-a-tiny-nes-with-30-games/

Games will include the following:
Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts' N Ghoblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3,
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

That is a fairly solid list of games. It will have HDMI output and an original controller. Cost will be $59.99, released in early November.

On a side note - this looks like a hacker's dream. My guess is it will be hacked to play other NES titles in no time.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never understood the first Mario platforming series .. so the SNES ones are remasters ?

This is pretty nice of Nintendo

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to sell like crazy. While it may not directly appeal to young gamers (I mean teenager and lower), their parents will be interested in getting one and sharing the experience of old school retro gaming. The packaging is very slick, and collectors will definitely want to put this on a shelf. Hopefully either Nintendo adds more games to this down the road, or hackers figure out a way to do it themselves. Maybe we'll see an SNES mini next year, if this does as well as hoped. I may even end up grabbing one.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hopefully either Nintendo adds more games to this down the road

Nope, that is not gonna happen https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/14/nintendo-classic-mini-games/

I'm not really surprised, either. As you said, I think Nintendo is targeting the generation who grew up playing video games in the 80s and 90s, and so Nintendo is just gonna stick with mass appeal. I don't think they're targeting the niche market of hardcore retro-gamers as much as they are more casual gamers who played the NES 20 to 30 years ago and haven't touched one in many years.

My guess is this will be a one-time release, and as you suggested, if this is a success I STRONGLY SUSPECT they will release an SNES version next year.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I plan on picking this bad boy up and not unpack it but keep it as a collectors item. Since after all, if you own a NES Controller, USB NES plug and a emulator. (I prefer Nestopia personally)

Then you pretty much got yourself a Mini NES.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

0llllllo yes, more like a collector's item..

if it had all the games i would think about it but....
in a time that you can actually have this for the price of 2 of those:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Wintel-Dual-Intel-Mini-PC-Win10_60413318759.html
or something similar that can support everything from 8 bit systems to probably the dreamcast, i thik ill pass.

now if nintentdo would actually give us something like the sega Gigadrive:
http://blogs.sega.com/2013/12/17/sega-3d-classics-%E2%80%93-3d-shinobi-iii-interview-with-developer-m2/
for their SNES titles or some of the 8 bit titles using an specialized VR /3D ready mini console, then i would definetely spend some money on them again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: