ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Best RGB mod board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Best RGB mod board? Reply with quote Back to top

So, after months of work, I finally got my multi-region mod for the N64 working https://youtu.be/A-FhveS57jE which then brings me to the next question in this little journey: What's the better RGB mod board to buy? There are lots out there as it'd seem and they all seem pretty much the same.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also interested in upgrading my one N64 at some point to look better on television, but probably with an HDMI mod. Unfortunately it ain't cheap, and you need to ship it out to a "verified installer" for them to do the work. Not that I could do it myself. Might be a little better if there is an installer in Canada, but extra back and forth shipping costs still suck.

Excellent job getting your mod to work! Smile

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those HDMI mods have turned into hens teeth haven't they! I've no idea how we're supposed to get verified - I've not heard back despite voicing my interest. I figure that I don't have a youtube channel showing things off, or perhaps I'm not on the correct forum or something.

Typically, however, most of my N64 units wouldn't have the room for a HDMI mod anymore...they tend to get filled with junk and wires...lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, well at least yours is in an effort to improve things. Would certainly be neat to see some possible upgrades to the N64 (other than visual output) one day, but it will likely be another expensive endeavor. Even repro carts are few and far between for it. Will be nice once those get more common, so translations and mods (that are designed to work on console... tssk, tssk) can have their own physical releases. Though we know that means people stealing the work of others to make a few bucks. It's one thing to rip off the big companies, but it's another to do it to the little guy.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about how cool it would be to have an actual Goldeneye X cart once the project is complete (kind of like some of the Dreamcast releases really) but it's near on impossible when you think about everything involved.

One way to get around it could be to piggyback a PD cart on top of a cart that has the rom stored on it so you NEED the original to have the CIC and bypass happen before it'll actually run.

Pertaining to my latest mod: I'd love to find out if there was a steady signal (low, high, earth, VCC...) or something that comes from the PIF when it accepts or rejects the cart so I could programme a microcontroller similar to the Otaku store one. But I'm a dirty rebel so it'd be out there for free lol.

Will be interesting to play with the X2 clock while I've got it off the board too...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: