ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Opinions on TWINE for N64?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Opinions on TWINE for N64? Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering, as I wanted to see if it was a pretty good game.

Does TWINE hold up as good as PD, or GE? From what I've seen, it looks pretty okay (Esp for a N64 game. Reminds me of a Goldsource game), but I dunno if the gameplay holds up.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's decent enough, although I did play the PS1 version of the game more when I was younger so I have a soft spot for that version. The PS1 version is very fast-paced and arcade-like while the N64 is more of a tactical shooter. I would recommend you checking it out, there's definitely some fun to be had in the N64 game - there's a level that I think was called Cold Reception, which was an on-rails level that takes you skiing down a mountain while in pursuit by baddies.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a horrible game and it followed the movie very well. It had some cool ideas. But when you compare it to GoldenEye, it's not close.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The single player game is enjoyable, with interesting levels, weapons and a few things to vary the game-play, such as (as Connery as bond says) the mostly on-rails level where you're skiing and have to fight off attackers and destroy fuel dumps, the levels that involve swimming, and using the typical Bond type gadgets. In fact, this game makes you feel more like Bond than Goldeneye does, since it has so many Bond like things like skiing, swimming, climbing up rapells (like ropes), using taser or darts to knock people, using x-ray glasses, etc.

On the minus side, the enemy A.I. isn't good - they don't chase you far, or use the scenery for cover, etc, but it isn't terrible either - they don't ignore you when you're nearby, or get stuck in walls, etc. When you pickup a weapon that's been dropped by an enemy, you get a random number of bullets, and it's never many, sadly. There are no cheats, and there's one level with forced stealth, which is annoying as you fail the level even if an enemy just sees you, instead of giving you the chance to stop the enemy before he raises the alarm.

The multiplayer is OK, but nothing special. On the plus side, it has lots of game mods, some good options, more than a dozen levels, and bots. On the minus side, the bots are pretty stupid, some of the levels are poor or boring, you can't choose individual weapons to use (you have to choose from pre-set weapon selections), and good characters can't play against good characters (i.e. Bond can't fight against M), annoyingly.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Good and Bad sides is a horrible feature of all EA bond games...

Trev

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

honestly very underrated
has some flaws but i think its stregnths outweigh its weakness

midnight departure is my fave level

Avoozl
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish it could get a keyboard and mouse hack like PD and GE, it would give me an excuse to play it again.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TWINE is decent. I remember another webpage having World Records on it. Unsure if it's been deleted or not.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TWINE also does a good job of portraying the locations from the movie, the areas you play though are good interpretations of what you see in the movie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: