ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New weapon idea. Is this even possible??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: New weapon idea. Is this even possible?? Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, this may sound crazy....

It needs to be a hand grenade or timed mine firstly.

Can either of those weapons be changed so that they will not inflict any damage on an opponent? I'm thinking of not even showing the health bars or having the sound of taking damage. Not sure if the exploding grenade sound can or should be muted.

Essentially, a grenade would become a smoke grenade only. I have no idea if the amount of residue can be altered. This is dream another dream post basically. Creating a barrier of smoke, in combination with snipers in a LTK setting might be interesting in a level with tight corridors like Archives.

Okay, now tell me I'm nuts for thinking about this...

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the text mod would be easy. "You picked up a smoke bomb"

As for altering the amount of damage caused by the weapon, I'm pretty sure Wreck has done bullet damage mods in the past, so that should be easy.

Not so sure about the flame/residue. If the flame could be eliminated so that there's only smoke, that's be outright awesome. I'm sure its possible, just not sure how many lines of code would be required to accomplish it.

Certainly an idea worth looking into.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I once used a code that modified explosion size, explosion bits size, and one more thing. It was global though. So if you only had grenade explosions it would work.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Viper and DeltaFORCE were responsible for the majority of weapon spec modification in GoldenEye. I did the same for Perfect Dark, after finding two of Ryan Toulachanien's (spelling?) codes on GSCentral.com.

As BMW said, text mods are quite simple. Causing the grenade not to explode, but release smoke, would be just the opposite. SubDrag is right about the current explosion modifiers. They are universal, effecting all explosive based weaponry in your inventory. Not sure how difficult it would be to find a way around all of that.

Interesting idea, though more military than Bond.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been babbling about this so called smoke bomb for some time. Sure Wreck knows this to be true!!

It's just that after seeing how long and how dense the smoke is on the emulator, it just has me going again. I could just imagine throwing down some smoke grenades down a hallway, then bursting through with guns a blazing.

I don't imagine it would be an issue if the code was universal. It would be more like picking or making a weapon set with grenades, but that being the only explosive in the set. It seems unreal to be able to remove the flames from the initial explosion. Minor detail, I think the question is, can the explosion be made so that it wouldn't register any impact on players by displaying their health levels.

I might do up a quick snippet video after laying down some remote mines to demonstate an amazing wall of smoke which is possible on emulator versus console. Thanks for listening...

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you'd have to work in the opposite direction really. What you'd create is an object that destroys itself after a certain amount of time but does not cause an explosion. Instead, it would just emanate smoke like explosions do.

The starting ground would be to trace whatever creates the explosion, then trace the smoke generation code triggered by it. Then, you create a new *object type* (ie. explodey, non-explodey like gas-tanks, etc) that just triggers the smoke code. If it sounds like it sucks to hack, then you probably understood it.

Anyway, once it is created you can simply modifiy the type of the timed mine to that thing. Timed mines are rather useless in multi otherwise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: