ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

007 Everything or Nothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: 007 Everything or Nothing Reply with quote Back to top

Just made a thread as there wasnt one
for Pierce Brosnans Last Bond Appearence Everything or Nothing

what are your opinions on the game?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Many years since I last played it. I remember it being alright. I think I tend to enjoy the third person Bond games a bit more, since I can't compare them directly to GoldenEye. It had pretty good casting, using real actors in an effort to make it more film-like. The theme song (Mya?) was catchy. Bringing back Jaws was a nice touch. I'd need to play it again, as my memory is very foggy of the actual missions and story. But, at the least, I know I didn't hate it! Razz

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My friend borrowed it for the Gamecube and we had a blast with it.
The co op missions were great, too bad the multiplayer was trash.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's splitscreen co-op !? DAMN I have to bust out my PS2 copy more often but ya pretty extraordinary title given it's a 6th-gen game looks too good for the gen

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything or Nothing may as well be Brosnan's fifth film...

Here's how I look at Everything or Nothing - GoldenEye may be the superior game but I think there's definitely an argument to be had over which one is the better "Bond" game. Awesome game, music, story...it may get over-the-top with the invisible suit towards the end of the game but I think it translates Brosnan's Bond era to the video game world perfectly, something I can't say of the games with Craig in them. I think that Willem Dafoe still could play an awesome villain in the series. This game also lets Brosnan leave the role on a high note, rather than leaving the series with Die Another Day...

mistamontiel wrote:
There's splitscreen co-op !? DAMN I have to bust out my PS2 copy more often but ya pretty extraordinary title given it's a 6th-gen game looks too good for the gen

There's three missions for co-op that are separated into multiple levels that involve a couple of MI6 agents as they investigate some missing nanotechnology. It's actually really cool because the final co-op missions overlap with the starting of Bond's story in Egypt.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything or Nothing is a good game. To me, it would be great if:

1) You could control the camera with the right stick - *seriously*, how was this not brought up by the games' testers? You sometimes end up trying to shoot at an enemy who's off-screen (or much more likely, getting shot by him) because you can't manually control the camera. This is *so* frustrating, and probably why I don't play the game any more.

2) That really annoying level where you have to fall and save the falling woman (thereby defying the laws of physics) can be really annoying, more trial and error than fun, and the game would be better without it, or at least if the level were less un-intuitive.

I'd also prefer it if the game were in first person view, but that's just personal preference. But that awful camera...

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:

2) That really annoying level where you have to fall and save the falling woman (thereby defying the laws of physics) can be really annoying, more trial and error than fun, and the game would be better without it, or at least if the level were less un-intuitive.

I'd also prefer it if the game were in first person view, but that's just personal preference. But that awful camera...

I actually remember loving that part. Not sure how I'd feel going into it now.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaRaDoX wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:

I actually remember loving that part. Not sure how I'd feel going into it now.

To be honest, that's probably the standout level to me. A little over the top but just as crazy as Bond catching up to the plane at the end of the GoldenEye PTS. Don't think it would work in an actual Bond film but I think it's great for the game.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think my fondest memories were:

When you have to save Serena by jumping off the cliff and saving her- going into "Bond Sense" and shooting enemies in slow motion was great

and the Porcelian bridge where you have to chase Jaws in the tanker with the motorbike was perhaps the most fun

honestly i love the game and wish they would re-release it with HD Graphics

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad level, but it's the trial and error aspect that spoils it for me. You shouldn't have to experiment to see which route you can and can't go through. It is an original and good idea for a level, I just wish it wasn't so slanted towards remember-this-or-you-die style gameplay.

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5cMjoF_e5g

oddly enough the License to Kill Music goes well with the mission

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLFSJgW9vSY

Avoozl
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It will always be my number 1 favorite Bond game of its console genre.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember playing it at a friends *ages* ago, I could never get past first few levels, but found it really fun regardless, at least at the time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: