ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to alter the weapon spawn point combinations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good news, bad news...

The good news: SubDrag successfully created a new action to test the currently selected weapon set ID. I modified the Temple setup to replace the Golden Gun weapon and ammo crates with a Silenced PP7 and regular pistol ammo when the set was in use. All works as intended.

The bad news: It seems using the 16-tag object type to allow items to be moved or adjusted by an action block also causes tagged items to not respawn. Once you pick it up, it never returns. There's no way to do what we want without this occurring. It is deeply rooted into how the game operates, and does not appear to be something that can be fixed.

So, unfortunately, this isn't going to be happening. Confused

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hah, that litterally would be "Man with THE golden gun", there is only 1, and if it falls off a ledge its gone hahaha

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute so when you pickup the golden gun it no longer respawns? What about the ammo crates do they continue to respawn? How did the Pistols custom action fair? Is there any possible way to figure out how weapons continuously spawn within the game?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No item with a 16-tag attached to it will respawn. Even using the bitflag to force it to respawn doesn't help. As soon as someone picks it up (gun or crate), it is gone forever (until restarting the match). There is no way around using the 16-tag, as the items need to be tagged in order for them to be switched in an action block. As of right now, this is dead in the water.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn....so close yet so far. Too bad it cannot even be used for a possible The Man With The Golden Gun scenario either.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck you mentioned you weren't sure how the items in the scenarios are handled. I just noticed that in Space Race not the terminal but the GoldenEye Key itself respawns to a destination spot occupied by an ammo crate. If a player who holds the GE Key is killed, the key itself goes into a new destination spot to respawn in. Now, I believe the GE key is handled differently than the Golden Gun and PP7 Silenced. What if not the Golden Gun but the PP7 Silenced was to use the same information that handles the GE key to be able to respawn again?

To test what if the GE-X team were to create duplicates of the GE key? For example, create 3 GE keys, each one to represent a weapon and one ammo crate and the other another ammo crate. They would have to find a way possible to hack the data of the PP7 Silenced or DD4 Dostovei (since they both use the same ammo) and its ammo crates so that it behaves like the GE key. The difference this time is the team would have to find a way to prevent the PP7 or DD44 to respawn at different locations and just stay at one spot. Actually, the terminal always remains in the same location but it does not take a weapon or ammo crate spot. So this hack would have to use a little bit of both of those two data information.

I could imagine this would have to be a custom action block that would need to work under any scenario but would need to target both the Pistols and Golden Gun weapon sets as before. I also think that maybe the data for the PP7 Silenced/DD44 Dostovei or Golden Gun need to change from 16 tag to whatever data is used for the terminal and/or GE Key. However, I do think an attempt at this again should be left once after the Christmas/New Year's Eve patch is released. This way it will give the GE-X Team more free time to look into this without having to rush it in. Your thoughts?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck I forgot to ask you a simple question about this. When you were testing this custom action with the Pistols and Golden Gun Weapon sets a few days ago, did you also test them on the other game scenarios? How did the custom action effect or did it have any effect at all on the special items on Living Daylights and Space Race?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 16-tag only affects the item it is attached to (weapon, ammo crate), and everything else is unchanged in behaviour. The special scenario items are hardcoded, and don't rely on setup action blocks. I really don't think you could do anything similar to them for Pistols / Golden Gun, since not only do you still need to rely on action blocks to test the weapon set ID in use, but each level would require a different pad ID for the placements. Also, the formula would need to be reproduced and modified so items load in one place only, and can respawn instead of just replacing once the owner is killed... So, yeah. Far too complex and unlikely to be possible for a small adjustment to only two weapon sets.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wreck, I have a new proposal for the Golden Gun and Pistols weapon sets. First of all, it requires for you to do a simple testing. We need SubDrag to do another custom action block specifically for those two weapon sets. This time I say let him create a custom action block for the Golden Gun weapon set only. Just for now, as I feel it's more simpler of the two. Now this time instead of doing any kind of adjustments like before. First what I want you to do is once SubDrag creates the custom action for Golden Gun weapon set is choose Temple to test in. Do not modified the weapon set at all. Leave it default. Start game. And I want you to pick up any weapon or ammo crate and report back to me what happens okay. This is just a start so that way I know what is going on.

I repeat do not modified or change anything.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That isn't going to do anything. He created an action block to test which weapon set ID is being used. His action block works absolutely perfectly. The problem lies in trying to switch around any weapons or ammo crates in the setup file. In order to do anything, and I mean anything to them (move pad, turn invisible, remove collisions, etc.), you must use the 16-tag object tied to them. The moment you do that, you turn them into a specially handled object. These will not respawn once picked up, and though I did not test, probably also if destroyed (like a metal crate). There is zero way around that. SubDrag and I both agree that it's either not going to be possible, or so much effort (which may require altering how certain things function in the game to begin with) that it is hardly worth the results it gives.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright then let me get to the point in what I was going to propose to you since you just jumped in without knowing what I wanted you to try to do. If the custom action block only affects the weapon set it's meant for then that should mean the other weapon sets will not be affected by the modifications in anyway, correct? Now, all I wanted you to do was to try and see if it was/is possible to shift weapons and ammo crates around the map without replacing any of them. Not to replace a weapon but to shift the current weapons on the weapon set around. For example, slot 1 is DD44 Dostovei in Golden Gun weapon set, maybe you can try to shift one of the DD44 Dostovei's location spot to where the Klobb is located and put the Klobb where the DD44 Dostovei was. Like switch them around. And then see if the weapons will respawn or not. Kind of like how you created the weapon location spots for all the weapon sets in the beginning of the mod for each map but this time with the ability to shift the weapons around without replacing any of them.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to move anything in a setup file, it must be 16-tagged. Even if you just want to swap one weapon with another. Like the weapon in the Facility bathroom with the one in the locker room. Both must be 16-tagged in order for an action block to move them from this spot to that spot. It does not matter if the weapon is newly introduced in the setup file (not part of the regular level weapon set), or one that has been there from day one. Without the 16-tag, you can't move it to a different location in the level, or do anything else to it. You must also use an action block on a per level setup file basis, and not have something specially hardcoded, which would still pose issues, since then every single level would need to share the exact same specifics (order of objects, pad numbers, etc) to work correctly every instance. If this still isn't what you mean, than I don't know. If it's to affect the weapon set itself (slots 1-6), I can't see a way, due to how PD handles it all.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Old subject now but seeing as it has been discussed in GE-X forum I thought I'd post a link.
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7076&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=615
I've done some work on the PD weapons allocation. It's worth mentioning that although Kerr Avon's list may be accurate, the PD map weapons are labelled with sequential numbers and the weapons in the selection list fill them in order (skipping disabled and repeating when they get to the end). It is possible to alter the weapon labels to change the order that weapons are assigned to locations and vary the order depending on how many weapons are in the list. If anyone has a PD MP weapon sequence issue feel free to send me a PM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: