ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New KF7 animation https://qt.vidyagam.es/Gh4tm6w.mp4

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Older one had more impact to it.

I dunno if it's possible with the PD engine, but a animation where Bond smacks the KF7 mag with a new one would be neat.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini, can I ask your permission for me to share this?? The animation looks great!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I'm not really sure why people like Bond smacking magazines into the weapon. It not only makes the animation take slightly longer, but could grow annoying the more you see it. I like it the way it is in his newest video, personally. PD didn't have the player smack the clip on every gun, just certain ones.

Throwing the watch away? But what if you have more mines? Never mind that, those Omega watches aren't cheap. MI6 would certainly be sending you the bill, care of Q Branch. Razz

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with Wreck. The new KF7 animation is fine. It doesn't need a "smacking impact" to look good.

The only thing that needs to be thrown away is that ugly detonator. Yuck! Razz

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:

The old animation was tweaked for the AR33, this one is completely original. In my opinion, the most common weapon should have a quick and boring reload so the other weapons seem more interesting in comparison.

Omegacop_jp wrote:
pavarini, can I ask your permission for me to share this?? The animation looks great!

You can.

Wreck wrote:
Throwing the watch away? But what if you have more mines? Never mind that, those Omega watches aren't cheap. MI6 would certainly be sending you the bill, care of Q Branch. :P

MI6 can afford a few Omegas, and if I remember correctly there is a weapon block command for branch with random chance...

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Going to be honest here, I'm not a fan of the new animation for the KF7. I don't like how subtle and boring it is, all of the PD animations are quick and show force and removing that makes the gun look boring to use. I love every animation you've done thus far but this time I'm not a fan.

Maybe instead of just copy and pasting the AR33 animation you could do something similar. Instead of smacking it in sideways like the AR33 why not hold the KF7 with one hand upwards with the bottom of the gun facing forward and have the mag be placed with the inside of the mag facing the player.

Having the gun barely move in place with the mag being inserted like it was in the video is boring and will completely push me away from using the KF7 altogether. Is there any way you can do another quick animation to show an alternative that shows the same force as the AR33 but animated in a different way? Wouldn't have to be smooth or perfect, just something to show that there is another possible option.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Fillerthefreak wrote:

The old animation was tweaked for the AR33, this one is completely original. In my opinion, the most common weapon should have a quick and boring reload so the other weapons seem more... Razz

Animation looks great. I totally agree with Pavarini and his reasonings about the KF-7 animation.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of get where the Renegadist is coming from. It does have a slightly different feel from most of the other reloads. PD does tend to appear quick and forced. The new KF7 is different. It comes off more patient and cautious. Like less "frantic" in the middle of a firefight, where your life is on the line. So in a way, I do agree to some extent. Maybe it could be modified to feel more similar to PD's style? The completely custom RC-P90 reload fit it with the rest perfectly. So I know a KF7 one also could. Definitely not a knock on your work, in any way, as you do an awesome job with these animations. Hopefully you understand what the Renegadist and myself have observed.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I get where The Renegadist is coming from too. I am open to a second option as well.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't feel it needs that smack. While it's often part of the reload process to ensure that the clip is in place and the firearm doesn't jam on the next shot it always seems to cause a spare round to eject whenever I do it like that (especially with the small arms). If anything the animations should fit the character, and Bond is the classy & silent type not the aggressively violent.

Possibly the only stand-out thing for me is that the clip feels rather "Houdini" with it appearing empty and then getting inserted into the weapon without any visual cue to release it earlier. This could be as simple as a small dip/twist movement in the weapon to imply the release has been flicked and then we see the rest of the movement.

In saying that, even the most professional games have glaringly bad animations in their first person weapons, so the fact that we're arguing finities is a statement to your work!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What might be nice, is to have your left hand pull the empty magazine out, then a moment later pull up a new one, and insert it with just a little bit more emphasis. I think that would take care of the minor details we're nitpicking.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the feedback, I will work on it further.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
What might be nice, is to have your left hand pull the empty magazine out, then a moment later pull up a new one, and insert it with just a little bit more emphasis. I think that would take care of the minor details we're nitpicking.

Then it would look out of place as PD never had a pull out animation and it wouldn't match the other ones we already have with the exception of the RCP-90 as it isn't a magazine that is dropped on reload like the other stick mags. All I want is something that shows the same type of force as the others and the same animation style as the others so it will fit right in while still looking unique and fun to use.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly. If the magazine fall out looks fine, than the player does not need to pull it out themself. You are right about the rest of the guns not doing this (aside from the special case of the RC-P90), so simply seeing the magazine falling out on its own would be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 53 of 60

Jump to: