ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Item Text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Item Text Reply with quote Back to top

I been aware for quite sometime on how to alter text for keys and other items. My 2 questions are. The text has to be the same as level correct? Just like mission documents. Second, what determines what shows on screen and watch. Like, Picked up shovel. Or does the game add "Picked up" on it's own and just adds the modified text. I was playing with things and had a number of funny words made by jumbling things. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Using the 25 Rename object, this is what you can modify...

Pressing action (B) on a door or other object:
Setting the last entry to your custom text. Rather than just saying "This door is locked.", it can say something else. Example "There's no turning back now."

Picking up an item:
In the main watch menu (where you can abort) you can set the upper and lower lines individually. When you press right and go to your inventory screen (full list of all your current weapons, gadgets and items), that can be set. If it is a weapon you rename, you can give it a new name in the mission results folder after you beat or fail a mission. The final entry is what it says when you either pick up or receive the item. You'd put the whole sentence. "Picked up a shovel." Or "Given a shovel."

You can affect all instances of an item (like every keycard), or a specific one (to give each keycard a detail oiriented name).

If any confusion, just load up one of Rare's setup files to see how they did it.

Yes, you must use text from a loaded LtextE file. It's recommended you keep it in your level text file, as Rare did.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand how to change them but what I want to change doesn't show up. How do I add the object that I want to change text to?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to use a 16-tag for the object. Then in the 25 Rename, you choose the object type (01 Door, 03 Standard, etc), and the object you want it to affect from the other list. If it isn't 16-tagged, it won't show up in the list.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aaah, so then how is it done when the item is already with you in the start?. Like starting out with it already?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There should be an option to affect all instances. I think you can choose the weapon or gadget that way. I think Frigate and Dam may do this with the Covert Modem / Tracking Bug, so try opening one of those setups to see what they did. Aztec may be another good one to look at, if they renamed the floppy disc.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always known how to do this just never bothered. It's about time I started actually. Getting of tired of seeing "picked up something". Actually I don't know how to do the inventory name change either. I just do a little programmers trick. Wink
Just place the Item in a unreachable area then tag it. Edit it like that. That's the only way I figured on doing it. Not sure if it's the best way....but it works.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I'd work in this case. What your saying are two completely different items. You would have to collect it to work your way.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Affect all instances.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: