ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The problem with yearly released games aka EA syndrome.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: The problem with yearly released games aka EA syndrome. Reply with quote Back to top

I love the EA sports games, so I'm not bashing them so much. The problem really is this. Every year a new version right? Well I was checking the prices of the Xbox 360 games (nhl07) and it's almost 70 bux! I'm sure the same type of price for games on the Wii and PS3. So here's my point. Who the hell has the money to buy these games each year? Who will? Man, that's way to much to pay per title per year, then throw in your Xbox live account. That's a crap load of money. I'm just saying this, the price of games for the new systems will slow down game sales. EB can only buy back so many used copies right? I say the games that need yearly updates might take a hit on the next gen systems.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

true... which is why most people only buy one EA sport game. it keeps for a long time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess also I'm saying that single title releases (maybe every two or three years new version) is a way better investment. If I buy a multiplayer game, I better be playing it more than a year if I'm paying big bux for it.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i thought "everything or nothing" would be a game i would play forever, but i only play co op now, and very rarely. games are no longer like goldeneye, they dont last forever. i showed coons some image model replacement codes, and he couldnt believe it.

why wouldnt goldeneye last forever? people like dual joysticks, and graphics. thats all it lacked. maybe some extensive rom editing on the Wii will bring it back.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Coons
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bought Killzone, played it online for a week, then stopped playing it...

Don't know why... I liked it, but it wasn't one of those games you can just escape into.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, what the hell. Here is my 400th post! Gimmie 00 status and another crosshair shootersforever!!

Coons
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YAY! 400 for you...

Around 27-ish for me!

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

err... killzone? whats that?

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Zero, does your character from your avatar is Stewie Griffin, from Family Guy? Laughing

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erevan wrote:
Hey Zero, does your character from your avatar is Stewie Griffin, from Family Guy? Laughing

if by that you mean...

"Hey Zero, is your avatar the character Stewie Griffin from Family guy?"

well... it does bare a resemblence, but no it is not.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As long people still buy these games yearly, EA will still develop and publish them yearly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: