ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Anyone play and or like N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Anyone play and or like N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day? Reply with quote Back to top

Was this game overrated? I remember that it was too late released but does that mean it sucked? I'm thinking about giving it a go, albeit 10 years late?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't thrilled with it. It's fun perhaps one go-round. Very quick, little replay. Multi's all right, I guess. Just my opinion.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn good. Great graphics and sound, and humour that can't be beat! Cool

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ugh... that game again? i am glad i only downloaded it, and never rented it. what a terrible game... i couldnt stand it. the gameplay was fun for a bit, and the humour was ok... but the blood? come on, even for n64 standards, it was not worth it. the n64 is a great system, and this "M" title kinda killed it. the multi is fun tho... ill say that much Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CBFD on the N64 is fantastic - it's my third favourite game ever (after PD and GE, in that order). True, the single player mode has faults, but some of the multiplayer modes are unbelievable, and I have more fun with an hour of Beach, War: Colours, War: Total War or Heist than with ten hours with most other games. Their playability is amazing, the bots are very good, the humour and atmosphere is great, and the options (to choose the teams' ratios, radar on/off etc) are very welcome, especially since many modern games deny the user much choice, with few or no definable options at all.

CBFD's single player game is very good in parts, repetitive in others, and annoyingly difficult in a few parts, but too easy overall. It has no skill level setting (the multiplayer levels do, though), some of the humour is childish or just unfunny, and the camera has the usual problems that all 3D platformers seem to suffer from. On the plus side, it can be very funny at times (by far the funniest non-adventure game I've ever played), it is very inventive, it has possibly the best music and graphics on the N64, and it shows off the N64's abilities very well. It has no problems with game saving, as it auto saves to it's own cartridge after you complete every scene, there is no clipping or bugs, and it's as professional as you'd expect in a game by Rare.

I'd definately say get it if you can. The single player game is nice, but you won't want to come back to it when you've completed it, at least not until enough time has passed for you to have forgotten most of the levels, so you can rediscover them. But most of the multiplayer games are fantastic, whether you play them against friends or agains the (very good) bots, and you'll keep on coming back to these games time and time again (I do!). It's worth buying CBFD just for the multiplayer modes.

Oh, and as an aside, Conker: Live and Reloaded, the XBox port of Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) is very much inferior to CBFD, so I wouldn't buy that, if I were you (if you have an XBox you might think that by getting C:LaR you'd be getting CBFD on the XBox, but sadly not) - C:LaR has much the same single player mode, albeit even more censored, even easier, and missing at least one scene from the N64 game and with lots of little touches taken out, that made the N64 game so likeable. And C:LaR's multiplayer mode is vastly different, and very inferior. A real dissapointment for those of us who were really looking forward to an updated version of CBFD.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the great post on the game. I'll definitely check it out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was a terrific and informative review, Kerr.
Probably one of the best that I've read in some time.
I might have to pick this one up in the near future.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My friend has had the game for a long time, it was definetley one of the games we most played. It has a good multiplayer. The single player, i didnt play too much, but I didnt quite enjoy it with the exeption of its humour. The game is absolutley hilarious at some parts. Its best to beat the game and simply replay all the funny chapters over again.

One of my favorite scenes (Tediz conversation):
"What if you were to say, give this game, to, say ... twenty intelligent people. What would that do? Lets face it, what would it do? "Really, thats interesting." "What the? F**K, its that bloody squirrel. Quick! Into character!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: